Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Last of Us = videogame answer to The Walking Dead

I started playing Planetside 2 a few weeks ago (we all call it Niggotside 2, dunno why). The game is awesome, I've probably played it around 100 hours already. There's nothing quite like being in the middle of a 50 tank, 20 aircraft, and 200 infantry man zerg. Feels like you're part of a futuristic D-Day, and I love it.

You're right about the CPU shit though, the game is unnecessarily CPU intensive. I had to further overclock mine just to get 30-40 FPS in large battles. Sucks. Right now the game is very poorly optimized. It's only using about 35% of my GPU, and about 50% of my CPU. Surely this is one of the main things they're trying to fix for the Jan 25 patch. :)

The game does have a few design flaws right now, though. There's really no real point in defending a continent -- you get no XP bonus for doing so. This results in losing factions jumping to one of the other continents that they're winning on and/or have the population advantage on at the time. This often results in one faction having 60% of the population or more. The truly epic battles are tough to find now because of this. They should add a population XP boost way greater than what is in place now. a 3% XP pop boost means nothing, especially considering the unbelievable amount of XP that is required to gain enough certs to get extra shit. The pop boost should be more than tenfold the current amount -- people would WANT to defend a losing continent if they were gaining an extra 70% in XP points for everything they did. This is the most glaring fault of the game so far.

Despite that, Planetside 2 is an amazing game, and one of the most enjoyable FPS games I've ever played. You simply won't get anything like this on a console. 500+ man battles are so hectic, and so much fun.

I started playing Planetside 2 a few weeks ago (we all call it Niggotside 2, dunno why). The game is awesome, I've probably played it around 100 hours already. There's nothing quite like being in the middle of a 50 tank, 20 aircraft, and 200 infantry man zerg. Feels like you're part of a futuristic D-Day, and I love it.

You're right about the CPU shit though, the game is unnecessarily CPU intensive. I had to further overclock mine just to get 30-40 FPS in large battles. Sucks. Right now the game is very poorly optimized. It's only using about 35% of my GPU, and about 50% of my CPU. Surely this is one of the main things they're trying to fix for the Jan 25 patch. :)

The game does have a few design flaws right now, though. There's really no real point in defending a continent -- you get no XP bonus for doing so. This results in losing factions jumping to one of the other continents that they're winning on and/or have the population advantage on at the time. This often results in one faction having 60% of the population or more. The truly epic battles are tough to find now because of this. They should add a population XP boost way greater than what is in place now. a 3% XP pop boost means nothing, especially considering the unbelievable amount of XP that is required to gain enough certs to get extra shit. The pop boost should be more than tenfold the current amount -- people would WANT to defend a losing continent if they were gaining an extra 70% in XP points for everything they did. This is the most glaring fault of the game so far.

Despite that, Planetside 2 is an amazing game, and one of the most enjoyable FPS games I've ever played. You simply won't get anything like this on a console. 500+ man battles are so hectic, and so much fun.

Sounds like if they turned Crysis into a massive MMO-RTS. I never understood why they say Crysis is GPU-bound when it's the CPU that's always filled with idle time.

Top Bottom