Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Killed a cat

guards

Platinum
Alright, I want some input.

I was driving back from class yesterday and hit a cat with my car. I got out and realised that the cat had been hurt pretty bad but had not died. So I backed over the cat again to make sure it was dead. My friend who was in the car with me thought I was some sort of crazy cat-killer, but I just didn't want to see it suffer OR pay the 200 bucks to have it put down at the vet's. Did I do the right thing or not???

saint808 said:
kind of... maybe?

??????

I've got a pretty bad guilt complex at the moment cause the girl I'm seeing found out about this and is freakin' at me right now. Says I have no compassion......but I thought I had a LOT of compassion by putting the stupid thing out of it's misery.

You did the right thing bro. It would have been far worse to have left the poor cat in the road to suffer.

If the cat was hurt really bad, you did the right thing. If it was going to die anyway- it just would have suffered.

If the cat was only hurt a little, you should have taken it to the vet or no-kill animal shelter.

But it sounds like you did the right thing. If you didn't care, you would not have asked.

starfish
:) :) :)

I MEAN YOU DID WHAT YOU HAD TO DO. IT WOULD HAVE SUFFERED MORE ON THE RIDE TO THE VET. BUT YOU COULD HAVE CALLED GARZA HE WOULD HAVE DONE IT FOR FREE. HE HAS A CAT FETISH.

I think you did the right thing, assuming of course that you didn't get some kind of twisted pleasure out of it. :)

dude you did the right thing, it didnt even suffer, well maybe after the 2nd rollover it didnt feel much

guards said:
...I've got a pretty bad guilt complex at the moment cause the girl I'm seeing found out about this and is freakin' at me right now. Says I have no compassion......but I thought I had a LOT of compassion by putting the stupid thing out of it's misery.

Your gf is acting out of pure emotion, as women often do. She's probably thinking the cat could have been saved which I'm guessing is pretty unlikely. The cruel thing would have been to leave it there or prolong it's agony.

maybe

if it was gonna die from its injuries than that might have been the best thing to do, depends how bad you hit it, if you got most of it under the wheel you probably would have crushed is internal organs so it would die v.painfully

i dont know how i would have killed it if i was forced to though....i might not have driven over it again but on the spur of the moment i might have, hindsight never takes this into account.

i dont know how attached people get to their cats as im a dog peron myself, but i'd maybe try and contact the owner to let them know where the body is and that it is dead, as they might get very sad andlonely, especially if their old and they areattached to it. if my dog died i know i would.

but i wouldn't beat myself up about it. it would have been far worse to leave it there, you probably did the right thing

Top Bottom