Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This just makes me sick

As for the cop, if he sees someone roll a red light, he has every right to stop them and go through whatever the normal procedure is for writing up a ticket ON THE SPOT. He COULD have made a judgement call and followed the guy up to the room and given him his ticket there POSSIBLY, but was under no obligation to do so.

As for the cop, if he sees someone roll a red light, he has every right to stop them and go through whatever the normal procedure is for writing up a ticket ON THE SPOT. He COULD have made a judgement call and followed the guy up to the room and given him his ticket there POSSIBLY, but was under no obligation to do so.

What if the second you pull the people over, they yell at you, one jumps out, and you get harassed? You going to be polite or write a ticket?

To me the fact that you consider yourself to be the only one looking at it objectively only clarifies that you are not.

You blame the cop. I blame nobody. I don't rush to judgment. I can't. It is wrong to blame anyone based on a news article that doesn't go over all of the facts!

I refuse to go through life judging people when my judgment could be based on misinformation. Look at what happened to those kids at Duke and the alleged rape. Their lives were ruined because everyone assumed they did it.

Fuck it, lets just crucify the cop based on a news article. That is really objective. In fact, I am going to make all of my judgments in life based on what other people tell me. Especially the news. I am going to watch Faux News or CNN and base all of my decisions in life on what they report. That is really objective too.

You blame the cop. I blame nobody. I don't rush to judgment. I can't. It is wrong to blame anyone based on a news article that doesn't go over all of the facts!

I refuse to go through life judging people when my judgment could be based on misinformation. Look at what happened to those kids at Duke and the alleged rape. Their lives were ruined because everyone assumed they did it.

Fuck it, lets just crucify the cop based on a news article. That is really objective. In fact, I am going to make all of my judgments in life based on what other people tell me. Especially the news. I am going to watch Faux News or CNN and base all of my decisions in life on what they report. That is really objective too.

The full video is on CNN

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

After watching the video, I am now of the opinion that the cop was being an ass. The guy was not belligerent, he was simply stating what was going on. The cop was on a power trip.

The Moats family, who are black, said they can't help but think that race might have played a part in the white officer's behavior.

:rolleyes:

I'm just as skeptical about media reports as AV & bino.

I watched the video, & I thought the police officer carried himself well. "Shut your mouth" & "I can screw you over" is hardly power tripping, the officer is trying to reason with Moats to calm down.

The facts are - to the cop - the police officer sees someone jumping a red light, hauls them over only to be confronted by a bloke who has no insurance details to hand & a degree of belligerence in his attitude while having passengers walk away.

Hindsight is 20/20. Pity they don't release the hundreds of videos of officers making the right call when the vehicle occupants offer outlandish excuses when they're hauled over for illegal / reckless driving (Maybe they do, it's all on those cop TV shows).

that really isnt the whole video is it.

Did it show Moats running the red light, NO
Did it show Moats not stopping after the cop turned on his lights and tried to pull him over, NO
which forced the cop to follow him for over a minute before he stopped, which fleeing is a crime too
Did the video show Moats wife not listening to the cop and running into the hospital instead of staying in the car, which could have gotten her tackled, arrested, or possibly shot
Did the video clarify that Moats could not locate his insurance information, and told the officer to find it himself

I feel bad for them, they lost a family member, but that does not excuse them from commonsense, such as obeying traffic laws.

Would it have mattered if they had just waited the 30 seconds for the light to turn green?

Yes, the cop does seem like he was being a dick, but, he also was trying to do his job.

It's bad enough people hate cops, and celebrate when they die. Shit like this doesn't help. Lemme guess 25 y/o fresh out of the marines, chip on his shoulder, needs something to prove, bad day with the gf, and ticked off.

Raise the pay and standards for cops - and we don't see this kinda shit. But society doesn't want to pay $150,000 a year for cops with degrees instead of inexpensive trained killers fresh from warzones. So this is what you'll have to deal with.

r

Top Bottom