Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This just makes me sick

sounds to me like the hospital was over billing what the VA wanted to pay.. if the doc was outraged, he should donate his time..

there is way more to the story than what is written in there..

but hey, they way it was written, it sensationalizes or shows the military in a bad light.. not the hospital, and that's what they really wanted now wasn't it??

The thing is we do not know all of the facts in these situations. You get one side of it - the side that the press wants to support. Am I pissed a vet had to pay a medical bill? Depends on the circumstances.

Just like that article the other day the NYT had (which was posted in this forum!) that covered the 13 year old girl getting strip searched. It made her out to be an innocent angel. I read the Supreme Court brief and the article was a complete white wash - a total fucking lie.

Yes the nurses came out but that was after the initial stop. If someone runs a red light and the law says you write them a ticket you write them a damn ticket. The article doesn't say jack shit about how the family acted when they were stopped. Did they try to politely tell the cop that they had a relative dying and they needed to get in quick? Or did they overreact and give the cop a ton of shit, yell, and harass him?

Plus one side says the cop was points guns at them and the cop says he didn't. Right off the bat their stories don't match.

100's of cops get shot every year because people give them shit, jump out of the car, and then they try to kill the cop. Put yourself in the cops situation, he is a guy who encounters shitbags non-stop, they lie to him, some want to kill him, and now you have a car filled with angry people yelling, jumping out of the car and so on.

I guess I am the only one who can look at this objectively.

I've been through similar (yet not as bad treatment) with the VA. I've paid my own bills before because I know the system doesn't work.

Am I pissed? Nope. There is a system. He will appeal and it will get paid for by the VA. The system sucks, it doesn't work efficiently, but what the hell is one to do?

Obama wants to make vets like him pay for their own war related injuries anyway. Although the bill didn't get passed it was on his agenda. I do not expect it to get better. It never will.

Just saw a clip on ESPN where the Dallas police chief just verbally smashed the officer. Suspended with pay at this point.

The thing is we do not know all of the facts in these situations. You get one side of it - the side that the press wants to support. Am I pissed a vet had to pay a medical bill? Depends on the circumstances.

Just like that article the other day the NYT had (which was posted in this forum!) that covered the 13 year old girl getting strip searched. It made her out to be an innocent angel. I read the Supreme Court brief and the article was a complete white wash - a total fucking lie.

Yes the nurses came out but that was after the initial stop. If someone runs a red light and the law says you write them a ticket you write them a damn ticket. The article doesn't say jack shit about how the family acted when they were stopped. Did they try to politely tell the cop that they had a relative dying and they needed to get in quick? Or did they overreact and give the cop a ton of shit, yell, and harass him?

Plus one side says the cop was points guns at them and the cop says he didn't. Right off the bat their stories don't match.

100's of cops get shot every year because people give them shit, jump out of the car, and then they try to kill the cop. Put yourself in the cops situation, he is a guy who encounters shitbags non-stop, they lie to him, some want to kill him, and now you have a car filled with angry people yelling, jumping out of the car and so on.

you're not alone bro.
thin blue line between civilization and uncivilized

you're not alone bro.
thin blue line between civilization and uncivilized

On another note, I don't believe much in the press. Almost EVERY time I dig deeper than the story I find out there is something else going on. It doesn't matter if it is a liberal rag, a conservative rag, a libertarian rag - they are all rags.

The only good thing is if I know which side the news is biased on I can open my mind and look in the other direction so I know I am not getting brainwashed.

Why was that article on the hospital incident written that way? To get people worked up and to blame the cop. The sad thing is 90% of the people who read that article are going to be brainwashed and walk away with the wrong impression, they will carry that belief with them, and they will use it as a foundation to evaluate similar situation in the future. They are being conditioned like Pavlov's dog. Salivate at the ringing of the bell. Get angry when a cop pulls you over. This is the root of all evil in our society. As a nation we have lost our ability to objectively analyze facts.

Am I saying the cop was right? Am I saying he was wrong? The truth is I don't know. I was not in his shoes. I know the article is biased and doesn't reveal all of the facts so I cannot make an informed decision. I do recognize I can look at the event through the eyes of both parties. I simply leave it at that, without any emotions attached, and with the knowledge that if a situation like that arises in the future, I need to base my decision on the unique set of facts that surrounds the event.

I knew some jackass would jump in and defend the cop right away. The shits on tape! Another cop even showed up and told jerkfuck to ease up.

My post:

Am I saying the cop was right? Am I saying he was wrong? The truth is I don't know.

Your reply:

I knew some jackass would jump in and defend the cop right away. The shits on tape! Another cop even showed up and told jerkfuck to ease up.

I look at my post wondering where I said I support the cop. Hmmm...don't see it.

Am I saying the cop was right? Am I saying he was wrong? The truth is I don't know.

The lesson learned here:

... we have lost our ability to objectively analyze facts.

You have proven my point.

Perhaps you should contact Mr. Robert Dutu. He likes people who cannot think for themselves.

To me the fact that you consider yourself to be the only one looking at it objectively only clarifies that you are not.

I've been through similar (yet not as bad treatment) with the VA. I've paid my own bills before because I know the system doesn't work.

Am I pissed? Nope. There is a system. He will appeal and it will get paid for by the VA. The system sucks, it doesn't work efficiently, but what the hell is one to do?

Obama wants to make vets like him pay for their own war related injuries anyway. Although the bill didn't get passed it was on his agenda. I do not expect it to get better. It never will.

Shit like this makes me wonder why people enlist.

Top Bottom