Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

John Kerry Vs. John Kerry

The_Eviscerator

This is funny as hell. Kerrry is a massive douche bag.

-* JOHN KERRY vs JOHN KERRY *-*

In his own words: John Kerry vs. John Kerry
Opinion Journal ^ | 8/30/04 | George C. Landrith

John Kerry claims he has been a strong, consistent voice for America’s security and safety. But saying it doesn’t make it so. Kerry started off supporting the war. Then in a political move, he decided to oppose the war. Now, he’s apparently returned to lukewarm support of the war. That is not consistent, decisive leadership. But don’t take my word for it. Read Kerry’s own words.

On September 23, 2001, on CBS’ Face the Nation, Kerry said, “t is something that we know, for instance, Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction against his own people, and there is some evidence of their efforts to try to secure these kinds of weapons and even test them.”

On December 11, 2001 on Fox News’ The O’Reilly Factor, Kerry said, “[Saddam] is and has acted like a terrorist…. think we ought to put the heat on Saddam Hussein …. no matter what the evidence is about September 11th….”

Three days later, on CNN’s Larry King Live, Kerry said, “I think we clearly have to keep the pressure on terrorism globally. This doesn’t end with Afghanistan by any imagination. …Terrorism is a global menace. It’s a scourge. And it is absolutely vital that we continue, for instance, against Saddam Hussein.”

On September 6, 2002, Kerry wrote in the New York Times, “If Saddam Hussein is unwilling to bend to the international community's already existing order, then he will have invited enforcement …. even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act.”

On September 17, 2002 on MSNBC’s Hardball, Kerry said, “But the president, as I also wrote in that article, always reserves the right to act unilaterally to protect the interests of our country.”

On October 11, 2002, Kerry voted for the Iraq War Resolution.

But then the Democratic nomination picked-up steam and Howard Dean rode his anti-war rhetoric to an early and impressive lead. After seeing Dean’s success, Kerry began his migration and another of his famous flip-flops was set in motion.

On May 3, 2003, at ABC News’ Democratic Debate, moderator George Stephanopoulos, asked Howard Dean, “Now, you’ve criticized Senator Kerry on the campaign trail saying he’s tried to have it both ways on the issue of Iraq. Was that answer clear enough for you?” Howard Dean didn’t really answer. But Senator Joe Lieberman critiqued Dean and Kerry, “oth have sent an uncertain message, one in principled opposition to the war, Governor Dean. The other an ambivalence about the war, which does not, will not, give the people confidence about our party’s willingness to make the tough decisions to protect their security in a world after September 11.”

On September 14, 2003, on CBS’ Face the Nation, when asked about voting on the $87 billion to fund the troops, Kerry said, “I don’t think any Senator is going to abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running. That’s irresponsible. … I don’t think anyone in the Congress is going to not give our troops ammunition, not give our troops the ability … to defend themselves. We’re not going to cut and run….”

One month later, on October 17, 2003, Senator Kerry voted NO on $87 billion for our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq – a vote Kerry previously called “irresponsible,” “cutting and running,” and “abandoning our troops.”

On January 6, 2004, on NSNBC’s Hardball, Chris Matthews asked Kerry, “Are you one of the anti-war candidates?” Kerry responded, “I am. Yeah.”

On March 16, 2004, Kerry explained his flip-flop with these fateful words, “I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it.…”

On July 21, 2004, CBS’ Dan Rather asked Kerry about the apparent contradiction of his votes saying, “Voted for the war, but now didn’t vote for the money to finance the war.” Kerry responded defensively, “That’s not a flip-flop. That’s not a flip-flop.”

On August 9, 2004, John Kerry switched directions again and said he would have voted for the resolution authorizing force against Iraq even had he known that no weapons of mass destruction would be found.

John Kerry can say he didn’t flip-flop, but saying it doesn’t make it so. Call me old fashioned, but I’d like a Commander in Chief who can make up his mind – especially when the safety of the nation is stake.

###

Mr. Landrith is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was Business Editor of the Virginia Journal of Law and Politics. He had a successful law practice in business and litigation. In 1994 and 1996, Mr. Landrith was a candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from Virginia's Fifth Congressional District. He served on the Albemarle County School Board. Mr. Landrith is an adjunct professor at the George Mason School of Law. He is recognized as an authority on constitutional law and jurisprudence, federalism, global warming, and property rights.

"Kerry is a chameleon who was put on a plaid blanket"

Top Bottom