Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

John Gotti Jr. arrested on murder charges..

Arabian

Elite Mentor
Platinum
They will probably convict him this time... discuss

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24138420-5012748,00.html

REFUSING to let the US mafia's secrets "sleep with the fishes", the FBI again arrested reputed former mob boss John "Junior" Gotti on murder conspiracy charges.

This time they hope to make the allegations stick.

Gotti - the son of mafia kingpin John J. Gotti - was arrested yesterday at his mansion on Long Island.

It is the fourth time federal prosecutors have tried to convict the one-time reputed head of New York's Gambino crime family.

The alleged mobster is charged with large-scale cocaine trafficking and orchestrating three mafia-related killings in 1988, 1990 and 1991.

The indictment alleges he performed various jobs for the Gambino crime family, which was once the US's most influential crime syndicate, including acting as the de facto boss.

One of the charges involves the infamous 1990 hit on Gambino member and construction contractor Louis DiBono.

Gotti's father, who was known as "Dapper Don" or "Teflon Don", was found guilty in 1992 of authorising DiBono's killing as well as numerous murder and racketeering charges.

"Junior" Gotti, 44, served time in jail from 1999 to 2005 for extortion and running an illegal gambling operation.

Three previous attempts in 2005 and 2006 to send Gotti back to jail on more serious charges collapsed in hung juries and mistrials.

Gotti insisted he had been redeemed and turned his back on his father's crime business, describing it as full of "wolves" and "treachery".

If Gotti is convicted this time he will face life in prison.

He was arraigned at a Manhattan federal court and his lawyer entered a plea of not guilty. He was refused bail.

"This indictment captures a life of criminality by John Gotti," assistant US attorney Elie Honig told the court. "He is a danger for the country."

Gotti's lawyer, Charles Carnesi, said: "Mr Gotti absolutely denies any involvement in the three homicides.

"What you have here is a group of law enforcement people who are disgruntled.

"Gotti has not been in organised crime since 1988. He is living alone with his family, that's all he wants to do," Mr Carnesi said.

Federal authorities gutted the Gambino family's leadership in February when they arrested more than 60 alleged mobsters in New York.

The latest charges involving Gotti and five other alleged mafia members stem from a decade-long investigation into the Gambino family's infiltration into Tampa Bay, Florida.

The indictment against Gotti alleges the Gambino crime family operated in Florida, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania since 1983 and was involved in murder, kidnapping, witness tampering and money laundering.

I saw that on tv two days ago. The mob isn't that powerful anymore.

the_alcatraz said:
I saw that on tv two days ago. The mob isn't that powerful anymore.
Your right. in the old days people were afraid to testify against members due to retailiation.. Now , the Gambino family is so disorganized no one even gives them a second thought. Gotti senior ruined the mob in by going public and living to large of a public life in the 90's.

Arabian said:
Your right. in the old days people were afraid to testify against members due to retailiation.. Now , the Gambino family is so disorganized no one even gives them a second thought. Gotti senior ruined the mob in by going public and living to large of a public life in the 90's.

+1

Right now all the mafias and organzied crime comes second to Asian crime organizations, i.e. Yakuza, Triads, etc....

I was reading somewhere where the Russian mob is suppose to be the most organized and ruthless now.. I never knew they had a Russian mob

Arabian said:
I was reading somewhere where the Russian mob is suppose to be the most organized and ruthless now.. I never knew they had a Russian mob

KGB?

I thought the Russian mob was weak now :worried:

jaybois said:
The Polish mob controls the streets of Chicago.
Discuss the Polish mob please:? what do they run /control and are they like the Gambino Crime Family.. You would think that the Itailians would have 1st rigths of refusal in Chicago

Top Bottom