Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

jim rome ripped favre and the "sack record" today... bravo

M

madbomber31

favre took a record from madman mark and gave it to someone else... and i for one am glad SOME people (unlike espn) have the balls to stand up and say how wrong that was.

jim rome would rip his mother if he had the chance. he is fucking annoying. what are his credentials? I only wish Jim Everet would have beat the shit out of him.

if your boy hugh douglass got the sack record in a similar fashion would you say anything?

madbomber31 said:
favre took a record from madman mark and gave it to someone else... and i for one am glad SOME people (unlike espn) have the balls to stand up and say how wrong that was.

Gastineau didn't seem to be upset by it, why should you? It was a cool unselfish gesture on the part of Farve.

Seriously, rome rips everything. I listen to rome. I enjoy rome. In fact, im listening to rome right now, show just started. His main thing is stirring up shit though. He rips on and criticizes everything he can just for something to talk about. Thats his shtick. The show is alright most of the time, but sometimes he can get annoying with his cynicism for a lack of content.

not that I care that Strahan got the record, but I would have liked to see him get it legitimately. I kind of feel bad for the offensive lineman who was handling strahan the whole game.....kind of took away how well he played that game. And in post game interviews the guy was not too happy about it. If I was farve I would watch my back, who knows, the OL might just "miss" picking up a blitz.

MadB,

Your criticism of Favre is interesting. Does he criticize you when you have a bad day at work? Are you working?

I think if Farve decided he was going to roll out to his right and give Strahan a sporting chance at the sack, that's one thing.....I don't have a problem with that. I've got a problem if Farve and Strahan set it up the play before....that would make me lose all respect for Strahan. Like if a pitcher challenges a guy like McGwire or Bonds during their respective chases with fastball down the middle, I"ve got no problem with that. But if the pitcher somehow tells the guy he's going to do it, and the batter goes along with it....that's a problem. If I was Strahan I'd rather not get the record than set up something like that, that's total cheese.

telll ya what... if you give me 6.5 million a year you can show my every move at work on tv and rip me apart all day everyday....

i respect favre, i used to hate the guy and think he threw some HORRIBLE passes.. hell, he did.... but now he knows other ways to win.. he is a winner and a very good qb... but who is he to give someone a record? when mac was going after 61 NOBODY wanted to be the guy he hit it off of... NOBODY was gonna throw up a fat pitch for him to crank out and that was right.. i thought records were earned. thats the point of a record... to be the best ever at one thing (or have the most of it), strahan simply didnt break the record on his own... favre rolled over and gave it to him.

if they finished out that game and favre did not do what he did would strahan be sack king? NOPE!!! favre took it in his own hands, AGAINST HIS TEAMS WISHES... they are not happy with him, i love the fact that bubba franks flat out said "you gotta talk to the qb about that one"...

when rice got the td record against oakland on a monday night with time running down and the game out of reach was oakland happy? HELL NO!!! it did not do anything significant to them except put 7 worthless points up... but they didnt want to be the ones he got the record against... why GIVE someone a record? i thought you earned it... its not strahans fault at all..

would you WANT TO GIVE someone a record like that? say you were guarding a guy with 99 points and he got the ball.. would you say "go by me" or would you make him earn that shit?

Top Bottom