Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

An issue I have with Maslow's hierarchy of needs

hanselthecaretaker said:
.....and that was when she bellowed out an evil Cruella DeVille-esque laugh?
no I got a couple of chcukles from my buds
and all heads turned
and I continued to bask in the sun

KillahBee said:
also, LMAO:

maslows_alternate_hierarchy_of_needs.jpg
Damn, perhaps this was a freudian slip, but up until a second ago I thought that said "revenue". but upon further inspection, I think it says "revenge".

wtf

From my POV Maslow is correct. If you don't have some sense of place to begin with, you can't estimate whether or not it fulfills your needs; from participation in the status quo may come dissatisfaction and the desire to better yourself. Then when your sense of self is solid, you're secure enough to be able to help others (without losing yourself).

it's a hierarchy, therefore you can't have one without the lower one.

I just can't believe we are discussing Maslow's hierarchy in here. Very cool!

Island Son said:
From my POV Maslow is correct. If you don't have some sense of place to begin with, you can't estimate whether or not it fulfills your needs; from participation in the status quo may come dissatisfaction and the desire to better yourself. Then when your sense of self is solid, you're secure enough to be able to help others (without losing yourself).

i see your point, nice

Island Son said:

Well said.

i'd like to say that venturing off the status-quo line to better oneself doesn't mean being different for the sake of attention, it means being different because it's the harder, yet right thing to do (for yourself and possibly others)

a sharpened sense of self-realization and purpose

thelion2005 said:
And then as you get older ....
You are happy to wake up alive and in one piece.

I'm not joking. There will be a day when being alive is the only need,
and you really begin to appreciate everything.
Lion, you remind me of my grandad, (no offence) he also used to cut through all the bullshit and come out with some golden words of wisdom.

"Think to yourself that every day is your last; the hour to which you do not look forward will come as a welcome surprise." - Horace

Top Bottom