Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

An issue I have with Maslow's hierarchy of needs

I think Maslow is referring to the most basic form of Love & Belonging that comes from those who nurture you as you grow, not that which we seek out once we are physically mature.

HeatherRae said:
I never thought of it that way, but I believe you make a really valid point.

There are varying degrees of it all though too. It could be complicated to really pick this apart.

I used to sit in the window and tan myself during psych class
the professor was kinda hot too

Smurfy said:
I think Maslow is referring to the most basic form of Love & Belonging that comes from those who nurture you as you grow, not that which we seek out once we are physically mature.

It has always been taught that he is talking about that kind of love AND the need for belonging and inclusion. Social needs.

4everhung said:
I used to sit in the window and tan myself during psych class
the professor was kinda hot too

A hot psych prof....my mind's racing.

hanselthecaretaker said:
A hot psych prof....my mind's racing.
I rarely commented in that class
actually only once
she was discussing some experiment which involved somehow bringing the animals to the precipice of orgasm
and then stopping
it was then I pointed out how this tactic violated an earlier lecture claim that animals aren't harmed in experiments

4everhung said:
I rarely commented in that class
actually only once
she was discussing some experiment which involved somehow bringing the animals to the precipice of orgasm
and then stopping
it was then I pointed out how this tactic violated an earlier lecture claim that animals aren't harmed in experiments

.....and that was when she bellowed out an evil Cruella DeVille-esque laugh?

Top Bottom