Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Inter-racial, Inter-religious - thoughts?

Hard-Bitten

I don't see a single problem with them. I'm Asian and i know for a fact my parents would have no issues with me marrying outside of my race.
I have a family friend who's asian and he's married to a Serbian girl... real nice girl (although we can never agree on Soccer).
\
But at the same time, i truly believe i'm in the minority. I know a lot of peoples families would disown them for marrying out of the race or religion.

What are your thoughts... what do you think are some of the positives to these types of relationships and the negatives.

I couldnt care less...doesent affect me either way.

My girl is half Croatian half Hispanic, I'm Italian and her parents love me.

But honestly they would be pissed if she dated a Hispanic(both of them cant stand Hispanic males).

when people think about rasism against interracial marriage/dating, they think about "white" people not liking it.

Non white races have FAR more of a problem with "their" race dating a white person.

I don't have a problem with either as long as the couple is happy and can deal with the differences and any problems that may arrise

It doesnt matter to what race you are..Hey if you get along with each other, and love one another unconditionally, it really doesnt matter. Im not to religious, but was raised a catholic..

Dated a jehova witness before, needless to say we clashed.. Never again!

Hard-Bitten said:
I don't see a single problem with them. I'm Asian and i know for a fact my parents would have no issues with me marrying outside of my race.
I have a family friend who's asian and he's married to a Serbian girl... real nice girl (although we can never agree on Soccer).
\
But at the same time, i truly believe i'm in the minority. I know a lot of peoples families would disown them for marrying out of the race or religion.

What are your thoughts... what do you think are some of the positives to these types of relationships and the negatives.

There's no question that there isn't anything wrong with either. As for me, if I actually wanted to get married, I wouldn't hesitate to have a relationship with a woman outside of my race. If I felt like she was right for me, I wouldn't hesitate to marry her.

Personally, I wouldn't marry anyone outside of my religion and it's not because I think my religion makes me supreme to others. I just feel like it would have the potential to cause a lot of problems. If you plan on having children those problems become even more compounded.

My kids dont care if I date outside of my race/ethnicity/religion so why should I care if they were to do the same?

I am full-blooded Hungarian Magyar Reformed parents from the same village so they did have a problem that I date outside of my ethnicity and religion. Too bad they didnt have a problem with the fact that the man I chose to marry was an abusive selfish jackass. Perhaps I would have thought twice to marry him.

See what I am saying here?

My family and parents would have an issue, but not enough of one to be dicks about it. Unless she was spanish or black or jewish. Anyone who has an old school Italian family can understand. Before my sister married a mutt white dude, every member of my family was 100% italian, even by marriage. they love the kid, but he will never bee 100% in with them.

still, it wouldn't stop me if I fell in love with one of the above

marvelous54 said:
Personally, I wouldn't marry anyone outside of my religion and it's not because I think my religion makes me supreme to others. I just feel like it would have the potential to cause a lot of problems. If you plan on having children those problems become even more compounded.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Second time around is easier for me as we have ZERO intentions of having biological children together.

BIKINIMOM said:
You hit the nail right on the head.

Second time around is easier for me as we have ZERO intentions of having biological children together.

If you aren't planning to have children then I think the problems are greatly reduced.

When inter-religous couples do have children the biggest problem is deciding which religion to raise them. I've seen this end a lot of marriages and it usually doesn't end under good terms.

Top Bottom