Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Im in New Orleans waiting for my grandmother to pass away.

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
My grandmother got moved to a hospice after a heart attack and two strokes left her totally paralyzed and clinging to life, shes 83. She has a living will so there is no rescusitation or anything like that. Its just me and my mother and aunt and we are basically waiting for her to pass sometime this week. When my mother asked me to fly out here to be with her its not what I expected, meaning its not simply an old lady sleeping but a human being clinging to life and confronting the enevitable in all of its disturbing realness. I hope no one here has had to deal with these drawn out situations, its agony especially on my mother and aunt. One part of me wants her suffering to end but another part of me wants her back the way she was (but will never be). We are all close and I just want to comfort my mother and aunt during the loss of their last parent.

Same here, with my grandfather. It was torture, mostly cause I just wanted him to pass so he could be rid of the pain.

Sorry to hear bor, best wishes to you and yours

KillahBee said:
Same here, with my grandfather. It was torture, mostly cause I just wanted him to pass so he could be rid of the pain.

Sorry to hear bor, best wishes to you and yours
You must spread some Karma around before giving it to KillahBee again.

I get this a lot, rob. just wanted you to know.

Which hospice?
I believe Ocshner has one in Elmwood Medical Center across the street from the Shopping center.

I've been there in the past with a similar situation with a friend who had lung cancer which became systemic.

My condolences

superdave said:
My grandmother got moved to a hospice after a heart attack and two strokes left her totally paralyzed and clinging to life, shes 83. She has a living will so there is no rescusitation or anything like that. Its just me and my mother and aunt and we are basically waiting for her to pass sometime this week. When my mother asked me to fly out here to be with her its not what I expected, meaning its not simply an old lady sleeping but a human being clinging to life and confronting the enevitable in all of its disturbing realness. I hope no one here has had to deal with these drawn out situations, its agony especially on my mother and aunt. One part of me wants her suffering to end but another part of me wants her back the way she was (but will never be). We are all close and I just want to comfort my mother and aunt during the loss of their last parent.

gjohnson5 said:
Which hospice?
I believe Ocshner has one in Elmwood Medical Center across the street from the Shopping center.

I've been there in the past with a similar situation with a friend who had lung cancer which became systemic.

My condolences
River Region Hospice.
Youre a good rob thanks

Ooh in Luling...
I like it out there actually. It's far enough out of town that you don't have to deal with alot of stuff.

*edit*
If you need a break (seeing that is extremely hard to watch atleast for me and couldn't deal with it) you can take 90 east into town (It turns into West Bank Expressway) or you can take it west for 35 miles or so and go into Houma...
*edit*

superdave said:
River Region Hospice.
Youre a good rob thanks

That sucks SD. Had to watch my dad fade away in Home Hospice care, from leukemia. He was 84. I don't know what to say to someone who is dying and knows it.

I hope your grandmother isn't in any pain.

superdave said:

It's tough. Went through it last year with my gmother. Glad that I got to say goodbye and share with her how much she meant to me. When people are dying, I think most of them want their loved ones there.

Its over. My aunt rushed out the door at 5:30a when my mom called saying it was almost time. She didnt have time to get me up but I called a cab after she left and I made it there within just a few minutes of her passing. Very glad I made it there in time. This is exhausting.

Top Bottom