Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Im in New Orleans waiting for my grandmother to pass away.

Along with others in this thread, I had to experience the same thing with my grandfather in December. I can't describe what it felt like. It's still very vivid in my memory. If you need anything bro just drop me a PM. I know it's not easy.

Sorry to hear it Bro.
Good on ya for going and dealing with it though. Some people can't. My Grandparents are all gone now, Granddad suffered a bit from Lymphoma before passing. I ran out of sick & Vacation time and had to go back to work. Sometimes I think it was better because I can remember him the way I left him. It does suck but know you spending time with her is the right thing to do.

I am so sorry to hear it superdave.My prayers are with you and your family..
Unfortunately these are one of the roughest things to have to go through..Like you I have been there done that, not only losing my grandmother but also working in this environment.

I'm very sorry for your family's sadness and suffering. It's good that you can be there to comfort your mother and aunt. It's very sad when a child loses their parent, doesn't matter how old that child is. It's a special circumstance though, that you were their to help your mother and aunt. You must have been a tremendous comfort to them. I hope that this will help your family heal. You are a good son/nephew.

mightymouse69 said:
God Bless her and your family bro...

just hold her hand and tell here what you want, she is listening.

agreed, they can hear you

i felt my grandfather respond when i spoke to him through his coma, it was probably one of the most confusing, emotional things i have ever experienced

you can't let people die in vain...there's always something we can learn and take with us...there are days when i go to my grandmother's house and sit by the huge garden where he toiled, it's the only place in the world that still soothes me

that's where he is and that's where i feel him

superdave, never forget what she meant and represented to you

swole said:
Along with others in this thread, I had to experience the same thing with my grandfather in December. I can't describe what it felt like. It's still very vivid in my memory. If you need anything bro just drop me a PM. I know it's not easy.
Thanks bor. The hard part now, since Im the only one here until tomorrow, is knowing when to proactively comfort my mom and aunt or just back off or do something to get their minds off everything without seeming a little insensitive. I just feel its best to help in the best way possible.

superdave said:
My grandmother got moved to a hospice after a heart attack and two strokes left her totally paralyzed and clinging to life, shes 83. She has a living will so there is no rescusitation or anything like that. Its just me and my mother and aunt and we are basically waiting for her to pass sometime this week. When my mother asked me to fly out here to be with her its not what I expected, meaning its not simply an old lady sleeping but a human being clinging to life and confronting the enevitable in all of its disturbing realness. I hope no one here has had to deal with these drawn out situations, its agony especially on my mother and aunt. One part of me wants her suffering to end but another part of me wants her back the way she was (but will never be). We are all close and I just want to comfort my mother and aunt during the loss of their last parent.
Yes, I lost my mother and grandfather like that both in December '05. It was absolute mental torture. My mom was dying in my living room in a hospital bed. Hospice came every day, but I changed her diapers, bathed her, etc and watched her facing the inevibility of her death and the shame she felt at losing her dignity.

It was the hardest thing I've ever done.

I'm very sorry for you and your family. God bless you guys.

Top Bottom