Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you were rich and no longer needed to work...

HappyScrappy

I'm sure this post gets done a lot, but... I don't care.

If you made your riches, to the point where you no longer needed to work again - say you had several hundred thousand dollars a year from your investments.
What would you do to pass your time? How would your life change?

I have played this mental game probably everyday of my life for as long as I can remember. Anytime I am enduring something unpleasant, I zone out and think out what I would imagine to be my ideal lifestyle.

If I were in the scnenerio where I were rich, I would have a nice house and the cars that I want. As well as lots of toys like tvs and such. But that wouldn't really do much other than be an initial bust of spending.
What would I do to spend my days. It has changed over the years - but not too much. I would sleep anytime I wanted, I would take up golf to the highest level I could go, and then I would spend the rest of my time working on cars. Design and improvement - I love the engineering side of it all.

The main thing that has changed over time is that my ideal life is getting closer and closer to becoming totally attainable for me, and not in too many years.
I look forward to the day when I can follow it.

What would your's be like?

I would spend most of my time traveling. In this country I would ride my Harley cross country, just to see how beautiful it really is. The rest of my travels would be all over the globe. Trying to learn about the different people in this world. My house would be my dream home on the ocean. I would sleep late and spend my life enjoying what the world has to offer.

HumorMe said:

I'm semi-retired too, fuzznuts!

that explains why you're semi-stupid as well..

seriously.. you ever notice that as soon as people retire they turn to total shit.. and their minds turn to mush...

you're half way there buddy boy..

i suggest you get a second job.

Well if you ever read any of my posts in the past, you will see that I have had this problem a lot. Since I only work 7-8 days per month that 100% travel, I am home a LOT.

At first, I thought... "whoa, this is cool..." now my line of thinking is more like "boy early retirement is going to suck if it is this boring..."

While I really enjoyed it the first two months by sleeping in late, shopping, etc.. I can honestly say that without the structure that everyday work brings to your life, it is a real STRUGGLE to occupy each of the days. It quickly becomes a real CHORE to make it feel as though you are making each day count in your life.

I have thought more than once about getting a part time job to help break the boredom (since all my friends work during the day, it is not exactly like I can go hang out with them). Now don't get me wrong... I ain't doing no charity work. If I work, then I want to get paid.

Right now, I am thinking/trying to get a part time job on a cruise ship. Carnival and Royal Caribbean are two of our clients who keep our doctors on board their ships. So... once the economy picks up... maybe I can snag a part time gig on the ships that do the Western Carib. trips.

decem said:

seriously.. you ever notice that as soon as people retire they turn to total shit.. and their minds turn to mush...

Your jealousy is astounding.

decem said:

you are retired?

Top Bottom