Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you're ever in Kansas City and you like BBQ..

the nature boy

Go to Bryants! Holy shit that was good. It has to be the best bbq I've ever had, no offense to you folks from the south east or from texas.

Now if you drove by it you probably wouldn't notice it, probably because you'd be driving real fucking fast because it's in a bad part of town. Plus the front door is made of steel and all the windows have bars on em, not my ideal eating establishment.

They have a security guard, and old black dude with a stetson hat and a gun on his hip. He also had a badge but I didn't bother to look closely at it. It kinda looked like it came out of a gumball machine, but I wasn't complaining.

Inside the decor is laughable. The tables and chairs look like they've been around since the Truman administration. You walk up to the food ordering place (don't know how to describe it but that) and you place your order. I ordered half a pound of beef and a half a pound of turkey. I handed the guy a plate I had picked up at teh beginning of the line and he looked at me strangely (I get that a lot). Instead of putting the meat on a plate they put the meat on a cafeteria style tray. DIRECTLY ON THE TRAY! No biggie.

I also ordered some beans and a big tub of Diet soda... love that aspertame. Man I gotta tell you it was fucking awesome. The meat was excellent, smoked but not too dry, not too moist. The sauce was the fucking bomb! The beans were awesome too. I was so full afterwards I need a Cesarian(sp?p) Section.

You guys gotta try it.

Oh yeah, the people I had dinner with were pretty cool too I guess (the project and spatterson).

Sounds like a hell of a place. Much like the great BBQ restaurants here in Memphis.

Side note: If you are ever in Memphis and like fried chicken, please check out Gus's. Best fried chicken I have ever had.

That place was good!

I have to admit, I don't know what the hell the plate was for either. Might as well have put the sauce on the tray, for all that matters.

I still say the security guard had that look that made me think that if ya cause trouble, you might not make it back home.

NB, I haven't seen mention of the Jets/Chiefs game yet...

HappyScrappy said:
why would I be in kansas city?

cause you came to see this:

bartle.jpg

Or just come for the barbecue.

Top Bottom