Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If Ive ever been arrested and/or have an "other than Honorable discharge"....

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
Am I screwed if I try to get into law enforcement on any level? What do places like the FBI disqualify you for automatically?

Back in the 80's it used to be an Immediate No thanks for local sheriff's office:

Felony Convictions
DisHonerable Discharge
Mental cases

The top 2 were somewhat flexible and probably more so due to the current need.

Good luck getting into the FBI if you have a felony conviction or dishonorable discharge. The FBI have not let people in because some kid you knew in high school said you might not be 100% loyal to your country.

IF YOU HAVE A RECORD, I'D SAY YOU HAVE TWO CHANCES FOR THE FBI: SLIM AND NONE. DEPENDING ON WHAT IT IS YOU WERE ARRESTED FOR AND DISCHARGED FOR, ITS VERY VERY HARD TO GET INTO THE FBI. A FRIEND OF MINE IS TRYING TO GET WITH THE MARSHALLS OR FBI. HE HAS A PERFECT RECORD. HE HAS NVR DONE A DRUG IN HIS LIFE. HE TELLS ME ITS VERY HARD.

KAYNE

With your record - no chance for the FBI. I know because I applied fresh out of college - but no record for me I just changed my mind.

If you have an "other than honorable discharge" you can appeal this and as long as it wasn't for murder or drug sales, basically felony type, then the review board will often grant a honorable discharge. Especially if a good amount of time has passed, the review boards have a tendancy towards lenancy (they are usually civilians) and know how much a Big Chicken Dinner can ruin any chance at a decent career.

IronMonkey69 said:
If you have an "other than honorable discharge" you can appeal this and as long as it wasn't for murder or drug sales, basically felony type, then the review board will often grant a honorable discharge. Especially if a good amount of time has passed, the review boards have a tendancy towards lenancy (they are usually civilians) and know how much a Big Chicken Dinner can ruin any chance at a decent career.

How do I appeal this? My discharge was in '94, official status is "Other than Honorable". I would love to get into the FBI and I think the only thing stopping me is that discharge and one arrest for a traffic ticket I let turn into a warrant, spent a few hours in jail until my folks got the cash and that was all.

Other Than Honorable discharge?
Yes. You will not be allowed into any federal law enforcement agency.

If the discharge is dishonorable, you cannot own a firearm, nor get any federal aid benefits such as college grants nor get aid from the federal gov for small bussiness.

Shoulda gotten out on a medical discharge.

Top Bottom