x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Someone please help, weird prob with cpu, karma for help.

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Someone please help, weird prob with cpu, karma for help. within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: Alright there is somethin wrong with my computer, i have a cable connection. The prob is, on certian websites my speed is fine, maybe a little slower than usual. But on this site and other bodybuilding sites like steroidiolgy my connection goes dead slow. Not so bad on the main page, but when i get into the sections like anabolicsteroid discusiion or chat and convo, the page loads slower then if i hit my down arrow to scroll down, the screen goes super slow and choppy. It would take like 5

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Broly

Someone please help, weird prob with cpu, karma for help.

Alright there is somethin wrong with my computer, i have a cable connection. The prob is, on certian websites my speed is fine, maybe a little slower than usual. But on this site and other bodybuilding sites like steroidiolgy my connection goes dead slow. Not so bad on the main page, but when i get into the sections like anabolicsteroid discusiion or chat and convo, the page loads slower then if i hit my down arrow to scroll down, the screen goes super slow and choppy. It would take like 5 minutes to get to the bottom of the board. This is terrible. Also as i am typing this, the cursor moves along the screen as i type but no words are showing up until i stop typing. This sucks, i will give karma to anyone who can help, lots and lots of karma.

Oh and also when i put the cursor over something to click and it turns to a hand, i click my mouse and it takes at least 3 seconds for it to make the clicking noise and start to open the pages. So frustrating.

Cyborg
    How much ram do you have?
    How long has your computer been on?

Restart your computer.

BTW, if it is faster at some sites than other, it means that the faster sites have better servers.

5mins to get below a page seems like a memory problem.

-sk

Re: Someone please help, weird prob with cpu, karma for help.

Originally posted by tybz28-#2
    Alright there is somethin wrong with my computer, i have a cable connection. The prob is, on certian websites my speed is fine, maybe a little slower than usual. But on this site and other bodybuilding sites like steroidiolgy my connection goes dead slow. Not so bad on the main page, but when i get into the sections like anabolicsteroid discusiion or chat and convo, the page loads slower then if i hit my down arrow to scroll down, the screen goes super slow and choppy. It would take like 5 minutes to get to the bottom of the board. This is terrible. Also as i am typing this, the cursor moves along the screen as i type but no words are showing up until i stop typing. This sucks, i will give karma to anyone who can help, lots and lots of karma.

Oh and also when i put the cursor over something to click and it turns to a hand, i click my mouse and it takes at least 3 seconds for it to make the clicking noise and start to open the pages. So frustrating.
    thats because the feds are watching all these boards for illegal activities. it slows your computer down.

Good Broly
    Thanks Sk but i have tried all the obvious stuff, i took computer in college so i know some stuff.

Spongebob, the feds have always been here, and my prob just started last night.

Im gonna have to get some pro help.

Open up task manager and click on the performance or process tab. That will tell you what is sucking the life out of your machine. You could kill the offending process. If you have some browser funkyness going on, when it trys to load a popup window, that might also slow some thangs down.

suicide is the only way out.

Mad Scientist
    dude you took "computer" in college. You should have this nailed! LoL

on a serious note. Clear out your inet cache... then go buy some more ram. It's cheap. Lastly, make sure you have ample free space on your hd. It could be fighting to store the temporary inet files.

Originally posted by tybz28-#2

Spongebob, the feds have always been here, and my prob just started last night.

true but they dont always watch everyone, its just that thier watching you when your computer is slow. come on man use your thinking skills.

Good Broly
    Damn feds!!!

I have tried almost everything, im startin to think i have a virus.

revexrevex
    Bro it could be a virus..... a trojan horse.... or some program that is using a lot of resources and slowing down your computer

press control + alt + delete and end programs one by one, see if you can narrow down to a specific program. If it works and you end the program that was causing it, you can use file search function to find the directory of the file and delete it