Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I rediscovered the joy of bicycling.

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
Didn't feel like jogging tonight because my knees and feet are shot after a 13 mile jog run a few nights ago. So I got out and dusted off the old Huffy. That bike is 20 years old and still rides like a gem. I rode it all over town for an hour and got an excellent workout. Just as good as a 20-25 minute run. I use to erroneously believe that you couldn't get a good cardio workout on a bike because of all the coasting, but I was on my back for a good 15 minutes after the ride and it was a lot more fun than jogging. I have found my new cardio workout and I'm ecstatic, jogging is so focking boring.

I've cycled more days of my life then not since age 4.

fucking wanker yankees

no wonder you all get fat

*disclaimer*
Americans are really kind of cool. really.

Lol, before I got my first car I wouldn't leave the house without my bike. Great exercise, but I was one skinny bastard.

However, I wouldn't go back to cycling, no matter how much you stretch, if you cycle a lot you loose range of motion and flexibility in your legs.

Robert Jan said:
hm. could be. but who needs leg flexibility anyway

Yeah, it's a tradeoff. Lose flexiblility in the legs. (BTW, I did not know this) or get a hip or knee repacement after too many years of jarring on the pavement.

MAX 300 said:
However, I wouldn't go back to cycling, no matter how much you stretch, if you cycle a lot you loose range of motion and flexibility in your legs.

I doubt this, as long as you have your seat adjusted properly to give your legs a full range of motion and stretch before and after you should be OK. If you can't get a F.R.O.M. then you may need a larger bike frame.

No, it is a proven fact. If you cycle you cannot maintain the same flexibility, stretching can help but it won't be enough. There is a book named Scientific Stretching by Thomas Kurz that explains it very well.

Robert Jan said:
hm. could be. but who needs leg flexibility anyway

I do, and so would most other people who do MA.

Forge said:
I doubt this, as long as you have your seat adjusted properly to give your legs a full range of motion and stretch before and after you should be OK. If you can't get a F.R.O.M. then you may need a larger bike frame.

Actually, you shouldn't have a full range of motion on a bike. If your leg is fully extended at the bottom then your seat is way too high. There's a mathmetical formula for determing ideal bike size and seat height.
I never run and can't stand it. Give me a bike and 30-50 of slightly rolling terrain and i'm a happy guy.....especially with a massage and handjob from a hot chick afterwards.

Top Bottom