Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Really Miss Snow Days

You seem very high maintenance.
Oh, c'mon, seriously? Most people have a longer list of "must haves" for the cars they buy.

Look at it this way: I have never, ever, in my entire life (and that's nearly 49 years now) lived where I wanted. It's always been where I have to be because circumstances or someone else decided and I had no choice. The same goes for my current husband, so it's not like I'm ragging his ass to move. We both hate it here and we agree on what we want and need in our (final) home.

Planning your final home at 48? You'll probably live to be 105 now.
Doubt it, nobody on either side of my family going back at least three generations has lived past their 70s.

As far as housing, I'm realistic, I bought this house when I was 25 and I don't even like the place or the neighborhood. Imagine if I move into a house that I like either of those characteristics -- nevermind both.

Florida is actually a consideration because of no personal/retirement taxes but the heat and humidity are almost a bigger put off than snow (the snow is a PITA because it's a high foot traffic/visibility corner). We really do want something nearly rural. We just don't know Florida well.

It's like some bizarre physics formula: Cost of property (rental is doubtful, we have pets and I'd like a garden) PLUS annual cost of property taxes PLUS climate PLUS population density PLUS proximity to natural areas that will never be developed, preferably near water.

Sounds like Central Texas or East Texas...

Top Bottom