Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I met Jay Cutler tonight --- My thoughts

Spunky

He's a BIG son of a bitch. :) Me and THE STEEL BEAST went to a show in Greensboro where Jay was guest posing. He had a table setup out in the lobby and was signing autographs and taking pictures... he seemed like an ass hole. THE STEEL BEAST asked "Whats your best lift?" and Jay gave him a weird look and then looked away... turned back to him and said "I don't max out" in a very 'ass-holeish' way... kindda pissed me off the way he did it. But then we went to take a piss and Jay was in the urinal beside of me.... I definately felt so fuckin small next to that dude... He was fuckin huge and he definately got the crowd into his guest posing routine... It was a good experience seeing the competition. Kindda helped me realize what I need to get ready for.. Another thing that bothered me... Jay didn't look or act healthy.. He just seemed like he was in another world. Kindda makes me wonder how he feels sometimes, taking the dosages that I'm sure he does.. He just seemed pissed off. His legs are very impressive. He has the deepest seperations in his quads that I have ever seen in anyone... very nice.... well thats all I have... =)

I met him as well a few years back....he seemed like a snobby fuck. Then again if he was dieting I can understand. I also met Nasser befor the 98 Olympia he was 305 and a very nice guy

Hey bros I have met both of those guys and felt the same way about them.I was just in canada for the north americans and spoke with nassar for short time.He is a friend of a friend of mine.Now that guy is cool.I was with a pro from Finland at last years arnold classic(he was not competing)and spoke with jay and he was cool to my friend the pro but when he was introduced to me he became a dick.Cause im not a pro he treated me like that.

yeah I met Jay in 98 also...he was here in town guest posing and he was a big fucker...very impessive quads...but then he semed like a nice guy...oh well

I met him this year also , he was very upfront about alot of intimate details that most pros wouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole(of course this was back stage at the AM show not at the autograph table).
Friendly guy, posed to a mix of Ministry songs .

I've met Nasser before. He seemed cool as hell. Two others that a cool are Shawn Ray and Lee Priest. Both of those guys know how to treat their fans.

i know vince galanti. he trains at my gym every now and then. he is really cool. the fist time i met him we talked about gear and shit. he didn't say what he was on or anything because he is under contract. but he did tell me that clomid shuts you down...i have a post about it somewhere here on elite but no one wanted to hear it. he knows his shit and swore that all the doctors he knows tell him that excessive clomid can cause damage to your pitutary gland and to only use it if your having problems with your dick.

I met Jay Cutler in March of this year guest posing at a little show in the middle of nowhere. I thought he was one of the most "together" seeming bb'ers in the whole world. He was kinda soft-spoken and mellow and always looked me in the eye. He seemed smarter than the average bear. His replies to my questions seemed measured and thoughtful. The amazing thing to me is that he was bulked out to the max (300#+) yet he got up out of his seat and walked aroung the booth table for each and every individual who wanted to take a snapshot with him. This regardless of whether or not the person had actually purchased an 8 x 10. I have never seen 300# move up and down so many times - must've been hundreds. And to be honest - I wouldn't mind seeing his 300# moving up and down on top of *ME*. We need a new golden boy at the top of the sport. Ronnie's ugly mug has been making me cringe as of late every time I see it. Also, since Jay seems to be of the "thinking world" he would make a much better spokesperson for the sport than Ronnie - you see, Jay can actually form and execute *complete sentences* which would make him a much more intriguing Leno guest than Ronnie.

As for him shying away from the oh-so-typical "how much do you bench" question, well think of it a couple of ways. I get annoyed when some pencilneck geek at the grocery store in a pathetic attempt to strike up conversation asks me how much I bench. It's like the geek wouldn't even understand what the number I tell him actually means in the first place and if I tried to qualify it with "well, I haven't maxed out in quite awhile but I pulled a 275# triple a couple of weeks ago" the geek would be even more clueless. I mean what was Jay supposed to say? "Well, I've been geeking my brains out on DNP and clen for the last 20 weeks trying to prepare for the Olympia and I can only get up 315# for a triple right now. I'm weak, sweaty, hungry, and I feel like complete shit." Is that the answer you were looking for?

Or maybe think of it this way: do you ask your doctor "So, just how quickly can you get from the nurse's station to a patient room at the end of the hall in a code blue situation?" Or how bout asking your attorney: "So what's the largest cash settlement you've ever been awarded and how much bullshit did your client profess in order to win that settlement?" Both of those inquiries could be taken by the professional as a challenge to their professional integrity rather than as sincere inquiries into the nature of their professional lives.

OTOH, it seems kinda like steel beast was just asking "what's your best lift" (meaning Bench, DL, or Squat, not necessarily his 1RM's) and maybe Jay just didn't hear the question clearly. When I go to BB shows (and I do go more often than most people) I am an autograph hunter - I have a fine collection of snapshots and 8 x 10's and I'm always more than happy to shell out the $10 for the 8 x 10's. The money in this sport sucks - men's, women's, fatness, figure, whatever. Maybe adding a personal observation would have helped the situation. Something like: "Man, your X-Mas tree is amazing. At what point do you cut heavy DL's during your contest prep?" or something more targeted at Jay Cutler *the person* like "Dude, your photo spread in the whenever issue of Flex was amazing. Your chest has come up so far since I saw you in '98. Do you bench for 1RM's in the off-season?" or something like that, instead of just: "What's your best lift?" which comes off more as a CHALLENGE to him posed by some jealous gym rat rather than a sincere inquiry. BTW, didja start out with "Congratulations on your 2nd place finish at the Olympia?" Honey attracts more bees than vinegar.

In closing I'd like to say that Mat DuVall and Debi Laszewski ROOOOOOOOLLLLL and I wish them both all the best at the Nationals in a couple of weeks.

-K

ok mrs. competitionologist. =) maybe u should write a book on what to say to guys when they are at the autograph table.

Top Bottom