Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm fixing to buy a house in the country-- never lived in the country

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
I'm already depressed about it. It's way out there. No convenience stores right around the corner. A good drive to the gym. A 50 minute drive to work. Had to do it, to get my daughter out of this city school district. Anyone that has lived both ways, what are the major differences and how long does it take to adjust?

Sounds like you've been there for awhile saying that you're "fixing to...." do something. J/K

Seriously though, when you say the country how far out do you mean? Are you talking about acres of land or just suburbs?

vinylgroover I said:
what was the major factor.....crime, drugs, safety?

All 3 and then some.

lucidBlue said:
Sounds like you've been there for awhile saying that you're "fixing to...." do something. J/K

Seriously though, when you say the country how far out do you mean? Are you talking about acres of land or just suburbs?

I just put a bid on the house today. Woods all around. It's country to me. There are neighbors but they are spread out pretty far. You have to go on a long winding road that is very dark and surrounded by nothing but woods, you can shoot guns and dogs can run loose. I don't think it gets any more country than that. At least not where I'm from.

It all depends on your ability to adjust! It could take a day or you may never adjust! In the mean time make the best of your situation and watch out for rabid coyotes and satan worshiping cults!

I like the country especially if it's woods and not farmland. I've lived in both city, country and suburbs... The best is if you can find the country within an hour of the city, mountains, etc. All the places take a bit of adjustment. Good luck!

If you turn your headlights off at night, it's pitch black. Nothing like that in the city. I'll be all alone every other week. I fear that I will go nuts. But I have the internet and satellite.

Testosterone boy said:
You will love it bro.

I hope so, I am kind of a loner so maybe I will adjust pretty quickly. Another thing I noticed was how quiet it was. I know I'll like that.

Top Bottom