Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i don't understand the difference between doing 5 reps a set and 10 reps a set

nimbus

do they stimulate different types of growth? i usually do 5-6 reps, but somebody told me 10 reps is better for bodybuilding. how could that be so? p.s. i'm natty

just workout till u are dog ass tired to failure.....sets and reps would b up to you....and get plenty of rest and eat and u should grow right?

Wrong forum snookems, but anyway... depends on what your goals are. Do you want to "bodybuild" and like what you see in the mirror? Or do you want to just be fat and push a lot of weight? Much more goes into it besides reps and weights too, diet tends to be the big problem most people have. If it wasn't 1:30 in the morning I'd get more involved in this, but I need my beauty sleep (and a lot of it). If nobody has helped by tomorr... er later today I'll post more from work.

nimbus said:
do they stimulate different types of growth? i usually do 5-6 reps, but somebody told me 10 reps is better for bodybuilding. how could that be so? p.s. i'm natty
i think hypertrophy is obtained in the 6- 12 rep range . most folks , including myself like to stay around 8. i think intensity is more important than number of reps. the idea is to stimulate a growth response. many variables in this equation. what is your body type? ectomorph mesomorph endomorph? study slow twitch fast twitch muscle activation. observe your body. find out what works for you. for instance i have found through the years what works for me. higher rep for back tris and quads. lower for everything else. sometimes i do just the opposite for shock purpose. it is a learning process and for me thats half the fun. by the way you need to get that "natty" thing looked after. puddlemonkey has that........and its fuckin awful.

Fuck some of you stay up late. I'm PST time too, so its like 4am for some of you. Once my ambien kicks in here in a few I'll be drooling on my keyboard. So if I don't get another post in by then... laters

Top Bottom