Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i don't understand the difference between doing 5 reps a set and 10 reps a set

i definitely care a lot more about how i look in the mirror than how much weight i push. I'd probly say i'm ecto-ish, but i've been at it long enough to where i'm bigger than almost all of my friends. I've had really good results with 5-6 reps; i'm just curious if there is any scientific justification for me to dabble with 10 reps.

I started off with 5-6 reps cause i wanted to put size on at all costs. Now that i've gotten the size i want and really just wanna maintain/be ripped, i was wondering if my approach should change at all. For some reason, i associate with 6 reps with fatty PL's and 10 reps with ripped BB's. This might be totally irrational; i was just wondering what you guys thought

nimbus said:
i definitely care a lot more about how i look in the mirror than how much weight i push. I'd probly say i'm ecto-ish, but i've been at it long enough to where i'm bigger than almost all of my friends. I've had really good results with 5-6 reps; i'm just curious if there is any scientific justification for me to dabble with 10 reps.

I started off with 5-6 reps cause i wanted to put size on at all costs. Now that i've gotten the size i want and really just wanna maintain/be ripped, i was wondering if my approach should change at all. For some reason, i associate with 6 reps with fatty PL's and 10 reps with ripped BB's. This might be totally irrational; i was just wondering what you guys thought
getting ripped is 100% diet. you are clearly a smart guy so do the research. i know you are all natural but you can take eca stack. dial in your diet add eca and whamo low bf. its hard ass hell. much easier to bulk up. consult omega he is the shit when it comes to this. i aint half bad but it just a hobby for me there are a lot o guys on here who do nuthin but.

layinback said:
getting ripped is 100% diet. you are clearly a smart guy so do the research. i know you are all natural but you can take eca - ephedrine - caffeine - aspirin stack. dial in your diet add eca - ephedrine - caffeine - aspirin and whamo low bf. its hard ass hell. much easier to bulk up. consult omega he is the shit when it comes to this. i aint half bad but it just a hobby for me there are a lot o guys on here who do nuthin but.

i have my diet down pretty well, except for the drinking on the weekends that i refuse to give up. Also it's hard for me to handle losing weight pyschologically, so sometimes i freak out and eat a bunch of shitty cals - especialy if become really busy and have to miss a meal. i was intrigued by 10 rep sets because i have really shitty wrists/grip/work ethic, so the lighter 10 reps sets are a lot less stressful for me. I just don't wanna cheat myself and waste my time in the gym

nimbus said:
i have my diet down pretty well, except for the drinking on the weekends that i refuse to give up. Also it's hard for me to handle losing weight pyschologically, so sometimes i freak out and eat a bunch of shitty cals - especialy if become really busy and have to miss a meal. i was intrigued by 10 rep sets because i have really shitty wrists/grip/work ethic, so the lighter 10 reps sets are a lot less stressful for me. I just don't wanna cheat myself and waste my time in the gym
no shortcuts young man you HAVE to eat clean and train HARD. to be successful at anything you have to sacrifice. if you figure a way around this let me know.

nimbus said:

stop trying shortcuts bro, seriously. fucking train your grip, it's actually a lot of fun. I made a sticky ages ago in the strongman forum about grip training,

layinback said:
getting ripped is 100% diet. you are clearly a smart guy so do the research. i know you are all natural but you can take eca - ephedrine - caffeine - aspirin stack. dial in your diet add eca - ephedrine - caffeine - aspirin and whamo low bf. its hard ass hell. much easier to bulk up. consult omega he is the shit when it comes to this. i aint half bad but it just a hobby for me there are a lot o guys on here who do nuthin but.
being ripped isnt his problem, he is just asking the same question iv been seeing never directly answered on here, of "do higher reps for BB, and lower reps for strength hold true, or is it progress over time that only really matters"

It's pretty much all bullshit. A million ways to workout and all the so called experts claim they have the best method. 5 reps is more likely to get you injured and out of the game. I'd stick with 8-10... Move the muscles against resistance and they grow. It's that simple.. Just don't overdo it.

biteme said:
It's pretty much all bullshit. A million ways to workout and all the so called experts claim they have the best method. 5 reps is more likely to get you injured and out of the game. I'd stick with 8-10... Move the muscles against resistance and they grow. It's that simple.. Just don't overdo it.
agreed.

Top Bottom