Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I don't get management consulting...Six Sigma, ITIL, etc

EnderJE

EF VIP
Aren't they basically all the same? Don't the follow the fundamentals of goal setting?

1) Set goal.
2) Work towards goal.
3) See if you're making progress.
4) Keep working at it until you get the result you want.

What's the big deal? Why all the hype? Sure, Six Sigma is popular now, but ITIL was popular last year...?

1) People in your organization are:
a. too busy to do the prep work for such a project
b. deficient of the tools/knowledge to conduct a project
c. governed by board members are trying to appease/impress shareholders
d. controlled by management who do not believe in their own people's abilities
e. led by management who can only throw money at a problem and do not
want to invest in their own people

2. Your organization does not understand the differences between lean (kazien)/six sigma programs and the capabilities/limits thereof.

3. People in your organization do not want to progress or are open to the concepts of staying competitive.

..... the rest is all hype. :)

When some serious studies show the ROI of a Six Sigma implementation in the Service industry the consulting/IT companies will have to find something else to make $

its all busllshit man, I agree. Its something for Senior management to do when they are bored and want a project.

Get yer green belt over here!!! Get yer black belt and people like you! How about do the job and show consistent results? I dont get it either.

So I guess most of you want to be tomorrow's version of the Big 3 from up in Detroit in your respective fields?

Lean/6 Sigma are just tools, not end all be all cures - although that is the way some people tout them.

Q1 at Ford was one of the finest "programs" I had ever worked with. It broke down the barriers between Management, salary and hourly as they worked in teams toward common improvement goals.

The cooperation was very high as was quality. It really worked.

Then .... new Executive mangement came in and had to have their own program ... 6 Sigma and the color belts. It was a laugher. Cooperation went away and quality slid down. The end.

lol 6 sigma was invented almost 20 years ago. I thought consulting firms had a new flavor of the week now. A lot of companies do still use it though. A girl that works at lockheed martin was telling me how they do it over there the other day.

Top Bottom