Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
Your dad discourages it because hes a product of vietnam. Your grandfather is proud because hes a product of WWII

I've honestly seen this fucking video posted up her about 1000 times. I'm going to make it my life goal to make sure somebody gets murdered for this.

Your dad discourages it because hes a product of vietnam. Your grandfather is proud because hes a product of WWII

titcr

WWII was probably the last righteous war our nation has had

The past 5 generations of my family have been Marines with the exception of my grandpa's dad, who was an Army full bird

Long history of Marine officers in my family. My dad was Colonel and took a Company job before he was promoted to General. Tough mutha fucker. He told me early on if I joined that I would be Recon or nothing. We were the only Recom Marines in the family, but it was Recon or bust for me.

My father enlisted in the navy shortly after Pearl Harbor to spite my grandfather and got fucked by serving as a corpsman at Iwo Jima. All the brothers enlisted in the Army except for my father, he was making a point. The navy started the revolution that ended Germany in WWI. The most ironic part is that my father cred for my granparents until their dying day. His brothers survived the 101st and 82nd...We're fucking idiots that volunteer for state service.

titcr

WWII was probably the last righteous war our nation has had

My dad fought in WWII, in the South Pacific Theater. He told his kids to avoid going into the military. It wasn't all glorious for him by any means. They would go for weeks without food drops. Once they had to steal pineapples from a local grower because there was no food. He never ate pineapple again.

I'm not so sure he felt particularly "righteous" either. He had nightmares every night for the next 64 years, right up until he died. Though I'm sure the nightmares started very shortly after the war began. He was part of the cleanup crew at Pearl. They were at sea when Pearl was attacked. When they got the news they had to go back into port and black the ship out before heading to Pearl. They arrived a few weeks after the attack. He was Army Corps of Engineers. They cleaned up and rebuilt the mess. He saw most of the islands. He never wanted to go back. He saw plenty of death on both sides. Up close and personal. Nobody heard those stories until he opened up to a nurse, and a little bit to my mom just a few days before he died.

I don't think he found killing "Japs" righteous. Pretty sure he saw nothing glorious in war. I wish he was still alive. I miss him.

you're confusing glorious with righteous

I think it might of been the last war that had a legit excuse

My dad fought in WWII, in the South Pacific Theater. He told his kids to avoid going into the military. It wasn't all glorious for him by any means. They would go for weeks without food drops. Once they had to steal pineapples from a local grower because there was no food. He never ate pineapple again.

I'm not so sure he felt particularly "righteous" either. He had nightmares every night for the next 64 years, right up until he died. Though I'm sure the nightmares started very shortly after the war began. He was part of the cleanup crew at Pearl. They were at sea when Pearl was attacked. When they got the news they had to go back into port and black the ship out before heading to Pearl. They arrived a few weeks after the attack. He was Army Corps of Engineers. They cleaned up and rebuilt the mess. He saw most of the islands. He never wanted to go back. He saw plenty of death on both sides. Up close and personal. Nobody heard those stories until he opened up to a nurse, and a little bit to my mom just a few days before he died.

I don't think he found killing "Japs" righteous. Pretty sure he saw nothing glorious in war. I wish he was still alive. I miss him.

Amen brother, My father refused to receive Japanese businessmen that came to the factory where he was in charge of maintenance. later in life I figured out why such a good man would be so intolerant.. I've posted Eugene Sledge before...

Top Bottom