Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am scared to be believe in god because I'm scared to be let down. (Xmas Special)

MaGilicuti

I know its christmas but I still feel the same. I'm actually scared to go to church because I'm scared to be disappointed.

Not disappointed that there is no god but to put full faith and what not into god and to be "let down." I can't describe what I mean by let down but those are the only words I can use to describe it. Like how when everything has gone wrong you turn to god for help and wish someone or anyone would just please help you and nothing. You can't help but blame god there. you wonder if I didn't go to church or didn't believe, would I still be depressed and alone? Is it worth it?

Merry Christmas

This year it will be different or should be. You should feel closer to others and to family with what happened back in September. Christmas has had no meaninging up until this year for me. (read my special christmas post). Go to church and I think you will feel happy you did. Merry Christmas my firend.

"Call on God but row away from the rocks" -Indian Proverb-

If you truly believe in God then you will not worry that he will not be there for you in time of crisis. Asking him for help is fine...but dont just sit there and wait from him to save you...you have to do for yourself.

Does God actually exist or not. I do believe that he does. But I have no "evidence" to prove it. However, when the lights go out...if there is a God I will be prepared. And if there isnt it wont matter.

Hannibal said:

Does God actually exist or not. I do believe that he does. But I have no "evidence" to prove it. However, when the lights go out...if there is a God I will be prepared. And if there isnt it wont matter.

That is awesome.

How can someone get let down by God? We have to ask according to His will. What is His will?
Are we asking the wrong things?
There are always un-answered questions.

I do go to Church. When I was young I went to a lutheran church.....my parents made me go......So I hated it. After a while, they would reward me for going.......they made it like a "chore".......go to church and get a surprise.

Most churches are boring......I agree....

I lost 2 fathers, the woman I loved........so I went to church one day. (mostly to impress a girl I was dating). Anyways.....it was nothing like a boring lutheran service. Much more mordern.....no hyms to stand and sing, but a Christian band. I was there to get my questions answered.......and they were. My point is, I think that it all depends on the church, and the questions that you are seeking.......I cannot say that I was ever let down.....I will say that I have sought the wrong questions.

Hannibal said:

If you truly believe in God then you will not worry that he will not be there for you in time of crisis. Asking him for help is fine...but dont just sit there and wait from him to save you...you have to do for yourself.

Well said!

Thumbs up on what Hannibal said!

Magilicuti

Go read Big Brother Val's thread about, "Why there is pain in suffering if God is so great!" If it isn't on this first page it is on the second page. There are alot of interesting posts about God and different people's beliefs! It's a long read but well worth the time and effort! Go to church. You will be glad you did! Merry Christmas and best wishes!

Hannibal said:

You just made my new sig.

Top Bottom