Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Young is to young to buy a boy a rifle?

curling

My sister wanted me to ask this on the internet so I said sure why not. Her husband and his father bought her 7 year son a rifle. At first she thought they just bought it for him for when he got older but now they want to take him to the rifle range and shoot it. What do ya'll think is 7 to young or not? I don't think I had my first rifle until I was 11 or 12 if I remember right plus I wasn't even that safe then.

I was 8 when I fired my first 22.

I was 9 when I fired my first shotgun. 10 guage pump. knocked my ass just about out!

I would say 12 - 14 is a reasonable age to actually own a rifle.

Why not?

The liberals will get on here and scream holy hell.. but if at a young age he is taught to respect a firearm under the close supervision of his father. I think that is a perfect age.

Dballer,

Do you really think you can impress upon a kindof a immature 7 year the importance of gun safety? I mean I know what you are saying about the father teaching him safety but 7? I mean they don't even let kids drive until they are 15.

WODIN said:
I was 8 when I fired my first 22.

I was 9 when I fired my first shotgun. 10 guage pump. knocked my ass just about out!

I would say 12 - 14 is a reasonable age to actually own a rifle.

I don't remember how old I was but I sure remember that shotgun thing LOL. A 10 guage is pretty rough for a 9 year old - didn't your family like you????

curling said:
Dballer,

Do you really think you can impress upon a kindof a immature 7 year the importance of gun safety? I mean I know what you are saying about the father teaching him safety but 7? I mean they don't even let kids drive until they are 15.

It depends on the father. It depends on how he is going to raise his child. But yes. I believe that a 7 year old could handle learning about guns. I do not think I would allow him to run off with a firearm alone. But I think it is a fine age. During the civil war the men of the house were boys. They learned to respect firearms and also to use them and handle them as adults. The only diffrence in a child today is the parents. Most kids only get to see their father on the weekends. That is step 1 in having the kid who could not handle a firearm. IT is all in the disipline and the way the boys father raises his son.

Oh kinda like the patriot when his kids looked about that young I guess when they started shooting the brits. Man, I liked that movie.

I think it is fine if the rifle is kept away from his access, except for the range and cleaning (under supervision).

I took my 11yr old daughter to the range to let her shoot my 9mm Glock..... showed her how to clean it, then put it back in the safe.

GinNJuice said:
I think it is fine if the rifle is kept away from his access, except for the range and cleaning (under supervision).

I took my 11yr old daughter to the range to let her shoot my 9mm Glock..... showed her how to clean it, then put it back in the safe.

Man, I wish you would show me how to clean mine.

These cry baby little bleeding heart pussy liberals will have you believe guns pose a threat to the kiddies, NOT SO! its a bit like AAS, all you gotta do is EDUCATE!! Heres me with the little one, bit young for the range but Im getting him used to the gun environment already.

Baby-gun.JPG

Top Bottom