Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How's your September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoreArms said:
how and where do you do that? I've never heard or known of such things existing.

^^^ no shit, wtf I wish I knew about that. I wonder if it would still be a good idea. Seen predictions that the gas "bubble" will burst just like anything else. What is to keep you locked in at the price if it goes lower...? Go to a different gas station or something.....

SoreArms said:
how and where do you do that? I've never heard or known of such things existing.

Many of the local oil delivery companies have been doing this for a few years. If you pre-buy your oil for the coming heating season, they will either lock you in at a certain price or you can go with a capped option where you pay market price up to a certain point, usually higher than the lock-in price. Your oil price per gallon is capped at say $2.40, if the price is lower you pay the lower price, if it rises above $2.40, no matter how high, you still only pay the capped price.

I have 850 gallons locked in at $1.81, I did this in early July. This is just heating oil, not gas for your car. You must have the full amount paid by the end of September. So, it's not really a viable option for many of the low or fixed income elderly people.

Right now they have announced that they will honor all pre-buy contracts. If you pay as you go, you may end up only getting 50 gallons at a time, if it is hard for them to get oil.

This month has started out mildly shitty carrying over from a string of mid/late August auto-mishaps but I'm figuring it will build from there, starting today with my Jeep's transmission (Chrysler trannys....gotta love 'em). I'm actually past the point of being pissed at being without a car. :whatever:

Gas prices suck, but so does dropping nearly $2,000 within a month's time for mere vehicle upkeep. I'll be happy when all I have to put into my truck is expensive gas to drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom