Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How's your September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoreArms said:
I signed up for a creative writing class yesterday and also have an art class on Mondays. I'm so excited to get the creative juices flowing again. Engineering makes me feel like a robot, everything is structured and defined in straight lines.

WOW!!! Good for you.

Legal does that to me. I got back into my art this summer.

:rose:

I should close on my new coop in 2 weeks! My boyfriend has all these plans on making it look really awesome...and no, he does not live with me. He just wants to make sure I have a beautiful home to live in. He plans to do all the painting and install all the moldings and to help me move. I can't wait. I want to redo the kitchen cabinets and get a new bedroom set and fix the bathroom, oh and a new rug! I'm so excited. It's going to be so nice to own something again.

I also plan to get my ass back in shape. My gym is literally 5 minutes away from my new coop. Now, I'm 25 minutes away. I joined because my sister joined there so for me to go means I have to leave my apartment, drive through my complex and over the 100 speed bumps and take the LIE all the way to my gym. Not fun. When I move, I will have no excuse.

I've also been working with my dog, trying to get him transitioned for the new place. The new place has a designated dog walk area only....so, I'm teaching him to pee only in the places he's allowed. So far he is doing great!

I'm spending my labor day weekend with one of my best friends. I miss her so much and can't wait to see her. September so far is looking pretty good.

Well, after being at what I was beginning to think was my favorite job, I was fired today. It all started yesterday when the lead Dr. who owns the animal hospital blew up at everyone due to the clinic being so dirty. He started pointing out things that had been there way before I had started. He then started pointing out things like ceiling tiles that needed to be replaced because they had some water stains. During this time, I'm thinking to myself "I'm a vet tech, not a carpenter". He ranted for about an hour how everything was in disarray and yelling at me directly sometimes even though I just completed my 4th week and am still learning what needs to be done.

Later on that day, he called me up to his office and explained that I wasn't meeting the expectations needed which caught me off guard. No one had ever told me that I wasn't performing until then. He likes to hire people with no experience so that he can mold them into his type of vet tech but then expects the person to know everyone there is to know about being a vet tech within the matter of weeks and that's just not possible. Hell, vet tech school is usually at least a years worth of education so I don't see how he expects someone to learn it all within such a short amount of time.

So today, I pulled the senior tech aside and asked her if I was let go, how I would get my paycheck. She said that she was glad I came up to her as she was gonna have to talk to me about letting me go anyways. She's starting to do more and more administrative stuff but doesn't like it that much. Apparantly, there have been many many people that have come and gone and I can see why.

There is absolutely no structured form of training at all. I'm all for hands on training but when you are expected to learn literally 30 different procedures all at the same time without hesitation, it becomes frustrating. I had no training classes to work on technique. Whenever an animal would come in, I would try my best and if I couldn't get it, one of the senior techs would do it which would cause some of the doctors to get frustrated at me because it took so long.

So, I may call my local vet and see if she is hiring. If not, I'm just gonna go back to customer service until I can figured out what I'm gonna do. It's quite depressing since I really enjoyed working with animals but with only a months worth of experience, I doubt another vet will hire me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom