Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much does it cost to replace brake pads

musclebrains said:
That's very high for just pads. Whatever you do, don't delay it or you'll be into a major repair.

I'm lucky i went, the mechanic said that after about 1000 more miles i would've worn the rear pads into nothing & had to replace the drums.

dude, idont know dick about break pads, but i changed mine. its really easy. I DID have to have someone show me how to do it the first time, but itll save you alot of money. Takes me an hour.
they cost me about 20 bux, but ive seen them for 9 dollars a pair on some cars, cheap im sure tho.

To bad you cant do it yourself. I do, plus have a wholesale line on parts. I just changed out the front and rear brakes on a gmc including turn rotors for $40.00.

man you people need to learn why mechanics charge as much as they do. i am a mechanic and for a proper brake job you need to machine the rotors so the car wont pull or pulsate when braking. also most good oem pads cost 60-90 dollars. most of the aftermarket crap just squeals all the time when u break. they dont use as good of material as the saying goes you get what u pay for. a break job at my shop is like 150 1.8 hours for labor with machining rotors. rear brakes are harder then fronts 90% of the time. depending on the milage on a vehicle flushing your brake flood is a good idea to it wears out. brakes are not something to fuck with. not in a flaming way but when you drive a car with brakes taht fail you wil understand its not fun. anyhow just felt like ranting since everyone gives mechanics a bad name but some people need to stop and look at how hard some of the work we do is. :fro:

Top Bottom