Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many hr do you think ruth, mantle, aaron would get now

I have a tough time believing they would get 40 with all the new specialty pitchers, intentional walks , etc.

Im not saying pujos would get 70 back in the old days though. Stadiums now are too short with juiced up balls so it evens out in my book. I just dont like comparing eras.

IF victor conte should be in jail then should joe weider, or john mcenroes trainer that gave him roids. Alot take roids that cant hit a homer just so they can get ten

but back then they werent getting intentionally walked and they didnt have pitchers come in to pitch to one batter and some pitchers would pitch the whole game

i heard a stat the other day i never knew, balls that bounced over the fence (ground rule doubles) were home runs back in ruths day, i wonder how many of his hrs were hit that way

Babe Ruth would be a media field day, he would last about half a season in the majors and be in rehab for substance abuse for the rest of his life. Tough to say about the others

hamstershaver said:
i heard a stat the other day i never knew, balls that bounced over the fence (ground rule doubles) were home runs back in ruths day, i wonder how many of his hrs were hit that way

There was a news article done during Aaron's chase of Ruth about that, and it was said that none of Ruth's homeruns were the ones that bounced over the fence. Who really knows though?

Did you know that for a time during the 20's that a homerun would be ruled a foul ball because it curved around the foul pole and landed in foul territory? Some of Ruth's teammates swear he would have had close to 800 HR's if not for this rule.

All this is really academic though. You can't compare eras in anything, sports included. To me Aaron is the best baseball player I ever saw in my lifetime.

Top Bottom