Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How hard is it to convert a 2 wheel drive truck to 4 wheel drive?

Iron Thrower

I have a 2000 F-150 and for certain reasons, I would rather try and convert it versus selling it and buying a 4x4 truck. Now I know that I should have boughten a 4x4 to begin with but it was out of my control at the time. What parts are needed other than an axle? Is it worth my time and money? Thanks, Iron

many parts are needed,a transfer case,drive shaft differential and complete new brakes and suspension system

sell and buy a 4x4

The Canadian Oak said:
many parts are needed,a transfer case,drive shaft differential and complete new brakes and suspension system

sell and buy a 4x4

what he said. I think the newer f150 4x4s are ifs which sucks for wheelin'. totally new front end suspension. if I am not mistaken, 2wds and 4wds have different gear ratios in the rear pumpkin.

A friend and I converted a van into a four wheel drive once, took us damn near three weeks....

Buy a 4X4 my friend...It's a BIG pain in the ass, and if you don't know what you're doing, almost impossible...

Just my opinion though

Ranger

There are way too many part on the 4x2 that need to be upgraded to handle the 4x4 stress.
Doing the math, I see little if any reasons to do an upgrade vs buying one already beefed up for offroad use.

People that do the conversions usually either love the vehicle so much they are prepared to spend the extra money, or they have more money than sense.

Top Bottom