Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you rate yourself? 1-10 as a friend?

-Ariel-

-Thandzilla-
Platinum
Knowing everything about yourself... and I mean getting underneath the surface layer of obfuscating thoughts that manifest themselves through cycling, repetitive stories, to really know your inner self, there is an innate need to transcend one's own egoic tendencies that drive one to do nothing but seek pleasure and maintain security, however due the constrained conditions of this generation, this voice often dominates our perceptions. IMO, this makes authentic friendships harder to establish due to narcissitic tendencies.

Digressing, sorry, but how do you rate yourself as a friend, are you fun? do you embody loyalty, are you supportive, have you been dependable, do you establish trust in your friends, are you the voice of inspiration that needs to be expressed to uplift a friend in need? Are you appreciative in your relationship with them and express this appreciation? Have you been generous with a friend in need? Have you ever had to be the voice of regulation in keeping a friend in check?

Or on the flip side are there relationships you are in that aren't going anywhere except downhill and you are just being bound by a past centered way of living. This is also not kewl... it just builds up more resentment and frustration... sometimes the best thing a friend can do is move on.

Do you have alot of acquaintances but only a tight circle you would consider friends? To me friendship is one of the most overlooked virtues of life,how can one live and not have friends? To be understood and appreciated are two monumental emotional states that we are all driven towards. I mean through friendship gives one a strong sense of meaning and promotes the mindset of getting past yourself and serving a higher purpose...

I've made a few friends here, peeps who have an admirable, dynamic manner of perceiving things... S O, who is my closest friend, thinks we are all dorks for communicating through this medium... and maybe I am, but oh well.

But yeah, having friends rocks.
Are you a good friend or have you taken this dynamic for granted?
What are somethings you do well or could be better at?
Impossible to really rate yourself, but its just for kicks...

I didn't read all that. I only have one friend, and I would consider myself a 9 or 10.

To those who are my friend. I let them know that I'll be there for them no matter what. To those who aren't. I let them know that they're fairweather friends. Some don't like that term, but they do understand.

silverstar1025 said:
9 or 10 for sure. I am a great friend.
I know you would rock out as a friend, just so much warmth, and you are just down... your hubbie sure is lucky... I didn't know you have benetton mixed kids? What is the mix?

ariel347 said:
I know you would rock out as a friend, just so much warmth, and you are just down... your hubbie sure is lucky... I didn't know you have benetton mixed kids? What is the mix?

Yeah definitely! I treat others how I want to be treated. I can't stand people that are takers and never give, sellouts,etc. I treat my friends great.

My kids are hispanic/white girls :)

ariel347 said:
Knowing everything about yourself... and I mean getting underneath the surface layer of obfuscating thoughts that manifest themselves through cycling, repetitive stories, to really know your inner self, there is an innate need to transcend one's own egoic tendencies that drive one to do nothing but seek pleasure and maintain security, however due the constrained conditions of this generation, this voice often dominates our perceptions. IMO, this makes authentic friendships harder to establish due to narcissitic tendencies.

Digressing, sorry, but how do you rate yourself as a friend, are you fun? do you embody loyalty, are you supportive, have you been dependable, do you establish trust in your friends, are you the voice of inspiration that needs to be expressed to uplift a friend in need? Are you appreciative in your relationship with them and express this appreciation? Have you been generous with a friend in need? Have you ever had to be the voice of regulation in keeping a friend in check?

Or on the flip side are there relationships you are in that aren't going anywhere except downhill and you are just being bound by a past centered way of living. This is also not kewl... it just builds up more resentment and frustration... sometimes the best thing a friend can do is move on.

Do you have alot of acquaintances but only a tight circle you would consider friends? To me friendship is one of the most overlooked virtues of life,how can one live and not have friends? To be understood and appreciated are two monumental emotional states that we are all driven towards. I mean through friendship gives one a strong sense of meaning and promotes the mindset of getting past yourself and serving a higher purpose...

I've made a few friends here, peeps who have an admirable, dynamic manner of perceiving things... S O, who is my closest friend, thinks we are all dorks for communicating through this medium... and maybe I am, but oh well.

But yeah, having friends rocks.
Are you a good friend or have you taken this dynamic for granted?
What are somethings you do well or could be better at?
Impossible to really rate yourself, but its just for kicks...

Yes i am a good friend, however life has made me guarded and jaded to allowing others to get close.. so, i have aquantances, my family isn't even as close as i feel they should be, and my wife is the only one that has proven trustworthy..

at least i have that going for me..

I'm pretty selfish these days. I only care about my family and so if they are my BFF's I'm a 8.5 out of 10.

My DH is my BFF and though I'm a raging bitch a couple times a year the rest of the time I temper it with love in the mean time.

Guess I'm all about family. But I am a people magnet and love making friends. I just don't go that "deep" except for a close circle of 4 or 5. They have dirt on me and we have good times. I would do anything for certain ppl. The rest don't even get their emails read. See? I'm selfish! LOL! :heart:

I used to be a fucking horrible friend in high school as I'd drop people in it and generally shit stir, which is a shame as being a natural at empathising / listening people felt comfortable "confiding" in me. I am still ashamed of myself when I reflect back upon it from time to time, & even still am too ashamed to cite examples, though over the years thankfully have undergone personal growth & value greatly the few friends I kept who confide in me and share their problems. I'm pretty candid with my friends also & accepting of their faults as they are with me.

SpyWizard said:
Yes i am a good friend, however life has made me guarded and jaded to allowing others to get close.. so, i have aquantances, my family isn't even as close as i feel they should be, and my wife is the only one that has proven trustworthy..

at least i have that going for me..
I'm on the same page, like I have lots of acquaintences but few I would actually consider real friends... my overeagerness to form connections with people has costed me dearly... yet I'm kind of stupid and heal quickly and then forget... but in the last 3 years I have not been burned, but the connection that matters most is with the wifey... and trust is everything... how can a future be grounded on anything else... so true...

Top Bottom