Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you guys turn negatives into a positive?

mylife

I'd had a few unfortunate events lately but the more I think about it, the more I realize I bring it on myself. If you created it, you can change it supposedly. I guess I've realized the way things were before weren't as good as they seemed, so I shouldn't have any desire to want them, yet I do. But just knowing they could be better than before gives some inspiration to do something about it.

You seem to have a grasp on this already, realize that these things causing negativity are not a neccesity to you, think of them as wants and not needs, I have been doing the same thing as of late, this last week for me was very unstable and "not me" at all, but that has been corrected, was kind of ashamed of myself to even think like I was thinking, just a quick learning experience that I welcome. peace

what you just described going through is called cognitive dissonance. The desire to justify something unexpected or unwanted.

Amateur psychology books can prove useful for changing your outlook.

Read someting about Rational emotive cognitive therapy (REBT) or something by Dr. Albert Ellis. That might help.

I tell mayself that everything happens for a reason, try to see the lesson in the situation, learn from it and move on.

I know that it sounds corny, but I do believe it.

I tell my girls that life ISN'T fair and when life hands you lemons, you just make lemonade; that's all.

"Take care of your thoughts
for they become words

Take care of your words
For they become your behaviour

Take care or your behaviour
For it becomes habit

Take care of your habits
For they become your character

Take care of your character
For it becomes your destiny"

- Talmud

Top Bottom