Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

House alarms

Worth it IMO. Some people know the alarm can give them 3 or 5 minutes and they are brazen enough to stay in the house that long and keep trying to rob you before they have to leave, but the normal burglar would probably get scared enough to just run upon hearing the alarm.

I got robbed last year for 20+k ouch. I HAVE an alarm but didn't arm it when I left the house. Now I do, thanks. lol

There are different types of alarms that you can get for other areas of your house like fire AND burglar. If there's a fire in my house (smoke alarm goes off), the fire department are immediately dispatched.

With the regular burglar alarm part, they call you first to give them the passcode. If you don't know it, they send the cops. That is the 3-5 minutes I was talking about. PLUS the alarm is loud enough to scare someone away.

You can have motion sensors in the living areas of the house and contacts on the doors and windows, AND glass breaks on the windows.

If any part of the system is "opened", then the alarm will sound. Then the keypad(s) which can be mounted anywhere in the house, will show what "zone" is faulted. Such as "Front door", "Back door", "Master bedroom motion", Lving room smoke detector"... etc...

I enjoy the 2 second tone that the front or back door makes when opened during the day when the alram is not armed. I can be anywhere in my house and know if someone came into the front or back door. It's just a little alert that I've grown accustomed to and like. The keypad makes the very low tone and I know a family member or someone has walked in. I could be in the basement or wherever. Without the tone at the keypads, I'd never hear the front door opening. It's cool.

Also, at night when the family is going to bed, you can bypass the interior motion sensors (press 2 buttons) and only have the perimeter doors, windows, glass breaks on. This way if you are walking around inside at night, like going to the kitchen for some water or drugs etc... the motion sensors won't be triggered but the outside (perimeter) is still "alarmed" in case someone tries to break in through a window or door, glass.

Bottom line, if I had my system ON when I left, the guy wouldn't have stayed in my house for half an hour like he did. He went through 3 floors of everything I had. Found all my jewelry, cash, credit cards, electronics, financial papers, everything. With the alarm sounding, either he will not hang around that long or the cops will come because they were dispatched or your neighbors will come because of the loud alarm. Mine actually says "Burglary Burglary, You have violated a protected area. The police were called. LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!" lol Really freaking loud. Then it just does the siren for a while, then back to that phrase.

did insurance cover the loses? or did they say since you didnt actually set the alarm they found some BS loophole? (ie they set the policy @ a lower rate assuming you would set the alarm?)

They paid 7-8k for a 20+k loss. pfft. They didn't really give an explanation. They just sent me a check. I didn't have receipts for 15 year's worth of jewelry I've purchased. All I had was a $2500 receipt for my camcorder and $7000 receipt for my wife's engagement ring. pfft right there is more than 8 k. There was A LOT more shit taken than just that.

btw The guy was caught and was sentenced this past Friday. lol This happened a year ago.

They took fingerprints and found him in their databas as being arrested before. Carreer criminal. Bastard! He's going in for a minimum of 5 years for this now. I'd rather have my stuff back though.

im fuckin str8 really

Angel said:
depends on neighborhoods popularity.

There are arguments that would go either way. Rich neighborhoods get robbed for the obvious reasons but poor neighborhoods get robbed because they have poor people in them who may be desparate and need money etc... and it's convenient for them. An open window, door etc... Either way houses get robbed in general.

gonelifting said:
There are arguments that would go either way. Rich neighborhoods get robbed for the obvious reasons but poor neighborhoods get robbed because they have poor people in them who may be desparate and need money etc... and it's convenient for them. An open window, door etc... Either way houses get robbed in general.
I would feel a little more secure if I were living in a close knit neighborhood. Like I do now. We have never had a break in before.....If it was dark and the houses were more apart I most likely would get a system

Top Bottom