Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hilton hotel

iggy

Elite Mentor
Platinum
yes, and i'm talking about the one in toledo off glendale pdaddy and java.

i got an ap when i was there with a dress shirt and khakis on. they told me they were hiring a lot of spots. took it back 3 weeks later all filled out (this is 4-5 months ago) with sweats and a t-shirt on and they told me they couldn't take it because they weren't hiring.

walked back in there again today (3 months later) after lifting with sweats and a T again and i asked politely if i could fill out an application. they said they weren't hiring. and the guy to the right of the lady shook his head no. they both worked at the desk. i asked them kindly again what time they thought they would hire again, like for summer. and they told me they had no idea.

they were mean about it and the guy to the right of the lady was giving me a death look. this pisses me off because i loved working in a hotel at home and know a lot about it.

it's also hard to believe that every job is filled with skillful people at every position. even in the restaurant, banquet, and even dishwashing or moving cars or security.

i only asked for a chance. didn't miss one day and was never late when i worked for the holiday inn.

should i give up trying to work for the hilton or try something else?

this pissed me off though guys. i thought they at least would take an ap from me for later. maybe i have to be wearing a fucking suit just to get acknowledged there. well, that's my rant for the day.

i know i would bust my ass 100x harder than half the people working in there though. im in college and i also need a paycheck.

tell me what you think guys.

Dress up next time.

Don't let it get you down. I've got mad skillz and I've been turned away before, tons of times. Learn from the experience.

Iggy...
I luv ya and understand ya...
However, dude, and this comes from one who's not Standardized. Dude, they do not know you are an idealistic, ambitious kid, who believes in hard work. They only have 5 senses, that determine the exterior world of appearance. You bust your ass and I know this. They do not. All they can go by, is some College kid, in Sweats who is in their Lobby looking for a gig. You are ranting cause of the build up of recent events, me thinks. If you went on a first date with a chic and she was in Sweat Pants, I'm sure you would make assumptions, even in your creative world Iggs, you are still bound by cultural assumptions that we all share in common.. To go in dressed up in sweats, gives off the impression that you automatically disdain. Yes you are used to going your own way and not playing by the same 'rules of appearance'. However, that is all they have. I wear Designer TrackJackets, and Cords, however if I worked in corporate America, that would not cut it, cause it gives off the social vibe of well 'me'. Point is I know You ar a blend of Idealism and the disdain for shallow convention. Atleast now you know how much subconscious cues developed through sensation or sensory acuity 'means' in this world.
You are all about community, so are they, when You lead and have to discern who has merit, you will blend both sides of the story.

How on earth do you expect them to take you seriously wearing sweats? Wear dress pants and a dress shirt, and you will be taken seriously.

ariel, you make a good point bro.

i will try tomorrow again in the mourning instead dressed up.

ariel, you make a good point bro.

i will try tomorrow again in the mourning instead dressed up.

Wait a Week.
They will recognize you.
You will be hired if you smile and dress up.
They want an extension of Aesthetic Beauty working there.
Wait a week, shake off the weird vibeage and just be Iggy.
Hell by this time August, you will be running the show.

Easy life lesson you just learned - how you present yourself on the outside is reflective of who you are on the inside (whether you agree with that or not). Simple as that.

Why are you talking to the front counter desk jockeys? Find a way to get the managers info or someone of power, the people at the front desk don't make any decisions.

It would never cross my mind to even ask about a job dressed like that unless it just came up outside of the place and you happened to already be having a convo with the manager.

well i'm in a huge dilemma. been turned down from aps and interviews 2 weeks ago because of the hideous face aftermath of getting jumped.

me and my buddy, who is not so smart went to bowling green last friday for a buddies 21st. we went to a bar and i saw a girl i knew who turned 21 too. almost everyone who bought her shots bought me shots. i ended up in a girls dorm blacked out. my buddies called and the girl answered and told them where to get me. they threw me on there back and carried me home. my buddy was more shitfaced then i was.

we fell asleep with out shoes on. everyone was so shitfaced drunk on one buddy shaved a big spot of our heads in our hair. and half of our eyebrow off. i woke up and didn't know that. still trying to figure out what to do to make it look better. i look stupid as of now because of that though. don't worry, i'll get revenge on my drunken buddy soon enough though.

my buddy got it 100x worse. he woke up and killed a half a bottle of jose. 12 shots. took 3 in a row at one point. granted he is very dumb.
he passed out with his shoes on again (this was all at 11am when we woke up. the same guy that shaved our heads T-bagged him. after that some of my hair was laying on the ground and we glued it to his face like a mustache. i have videos of all this but he would bitch like a little girl if he saw it on youtube. a lot more happened to him too. they shaved his head so he only had hair on the sides and looked like he was balding. he was drunk all day and kept asking the same questions....

yeah. fucked up shit happens in college all the time.... lol
just sucks when it happens to you.
i will think of a good way to get him back though.

gotta make salmon guys. peace,

Top Bottom