Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey plunkey....

So eight years after his replacement was inaugurated, Clinton owns the 2008 crash, but 2 1/2 years after he was sworn in, Obama owns the current situation?

yes...clinton ABSolutely owns the crash...and everyone since then has just been left holding the same smelly bag of poo...i don't blame obama for any of this shit...however, i do believe that he has elongated the agony by extending unemployment...that one statistic...jobs...has fueled the rollercoaster...ya know why so many people are unemployed?? because they can continue to collect unemployment instead of going back to work...that and they have no ZERO pride...and the sad thing is that when obama finally says no mas, a lot of these lazy, prideless fucks will find that there former employer took this opportunity to get leaner and meaner and they don't need them anymore...that's when the other shoe will drop...and we'll find out what the real unemployment rate is...but, until then? we'll live with the artifically-inflated rate that has been nurtured by the current administration.

Clinton owns the start of the sub-prime bubble.

Bush owns letting it build and not doing enough to stop it sooner.

...and 9/11...and, if not for 9/11, we wouldn't be sitting here having this conversation...period...nothing destroys the confidence of the rank-and-file like watching in horror as a couple of monuments to capitalism crumble to the ground in flames...and the rank-and-file are the engine that drives the economy.

yes...clinton ABSolutely owns the crash...and everyone since then has just been left holding the same smelly bag of poo...i don't blame obama for any of this shit...however, i do believe that he has elongated the agony by extending unemployment...that one statistic...jobs...has fueled the rollercoaster...ya know why so many people are unemployed?? because they can continue to collect unemployment instead of going back to work...that and they have no ZERO pride...and the sad thing is that when obama finally says no mas, a lot of these lazy, prideless fucks will find that there former employer took this opportunity to get leaner and meaner and they don't need them anymore...that's when the other shoe will drop...and we'll find out what the real unemployment rate is...but, until then? we'll live with the artifically-inflated rate that has been nurtured by the current administration.

You are absolutely, positively right!!! The Clinton Administration is the main culprit behind the housing debacle. Franklin Raines, who was the chairman and chief executive officer of the Federal National Mortgage Association wanted minorities to afford a home. Without disclosing proof of income and without going through a credit check. Consequently, lead to thousands of bogus loans. Subsequently, lead to the housing market crash. Technically, the blame could be laid at Carter's feet. The "Community Reinvestment Act of 1977" prohibited banks from "redlining," which started the ball rolling. However, Reagan put a stop to that real fast. Nonetheless, that act was revised in 1995 under Clinton's watch. The Dems are unequivocally to blame!!

Bush tried to push for regulation in 2001, 2003, and a few times in 2008, but the dems filibustered. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were the ringleaders.

Here is a link to prove Bush is not to blame.

http:www.bucksright.com/bush-proposed-fannie-mae-freddie-mac-supervision-in-2003-

1) There is a lot of evidence that Bush tried to stop the scheme.

2) The dems most definitely pushed him back.

3) He still should have tried harder.

It's not fair to call what Bush tried a "token" effort, but he didn't fight it hard enough either. He should have gotten on prime-time TV and taken his case directly to the people.

1) There is a lot of evidence that Bush tried to stop the scheme.

2) The dems most definitely pushed him back.

3) He still should have tried harder.

It's not fair to call what Bush tried a "token" effort, but he didn't fight it hard enough either. He should have gotten on prime-time TV and taken his case directly to the people.

Well, the fact remains Bush tried to push for regulation. Opposed to his parties rival who started the problem and then were unrelenting with it. Did Bush try hard enough or not? That is up for debate and it is irrelevant. I personally believe Bush had too much on his plate to focus totally on the housing problem. Think about it! He had the worst terrorist attack and the worst natural disaster in America's history on his watch. In all fairness to Bush, I think he did try as hard as he could considering all the other problems he had to deal with. I think you are being a little unfair by saying he should have tried harder.. Seriously, do you really believe telling the American people about the housing crisis would have accomplished anything??? I severly doubt it.. Most Americans do not know what is going on until the ship is sunk..By then, all we can do is salvage the wreckage.. It is easier to be willfully naive because you do not have to accept responsibility. In other words, people don't want to know! Instant gratification supersedes common sense in America. I do not believe for a second it would have made a difference if Bush would have addressed the country every night about the housing crisis..

Anyway, I did not know you had a PhD? What was your dissertation on? I almost went for a PhD, but I heard horror stories about dissertations, so I punked-out!

Reactions: ceo
Well, the fact remains Bush tried to push for regulation. Opposed to his parties rival who started the problem and then were unrelenting with it. Did Bush try hard enough or not? That is up for debate and it is irrelevant. I personally believe Bush had too much on his plate to focus totally on the housing problem. Think about it! He had the worst terrorist attack and the worst natural disaster in America's history on his watch. In all fairness to Bush, I think he did try as hard as he could considering all the other problems he had to deal with. I think you are being a little unfair by saying he should have tried harder.. Seriously, do you really believe telling the American people about the housing crisis would have accomplished anything??? I severly doubt it.. Most Americans do not know what is going on until the ship is sunk..By then, all we can do is salvage the wreckage.. It is easier to be willfully naive because you do not have to accept responsibility. In other words, people don't want to know! Instant gratification supersedes common sense in America. I do not believe for a second it would have made a difference if Bush would have addressed the country every night about the housing crisis..

Anyway, I did not know you had a PhD? What was your dissertation on? I almost went for a PhD, but I heard horror stories about dissertations, so I punked-out!

In hindsight, I admit it's easy to say he should have pushed harder. If he had taken his argument to the people it may very well have crashed the economy, which would be tough for any sitting president to do. So it's really a matter of perspective. Clinton definitely got the ball rolling and Bush missed a chance to stop it. But at the risk of sounding like I'm defending Bush on this one (which I'm not), the crash did catch a ton of people flat footed.

As far as my degree, it's undergrad Electrical Engineering & Biomedical Engineering and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. Most of my EE was small signal work (analog and digital) and my disertation was in the field of Neuroscience. Dissertations aren't that bad if you like what you're doing. If you set your goal to publish from the start, it doesn't feel like wasted effort.

IMO, the trick to a Ph.D. program is to avoid being slave labor and join a research group as quickly as you can. I had friends who lost years being stuck with undergraduate labs and grading papers.

Reactions: ceo
Top Bottom