x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Here's my take pn the whole Ryan Moats incident

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Here's my take pn the whole Ryan Moats incident within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: I feel like we, as human beings, tend to get caught up in the emotions rather than logic (shocking!). And that's what I see in this case. First off all, it makes a great media story because the mother in law actually died during the incident. If she didn't die, if the media didn't have the whole "while the police officer detained Moats his mother in law WAS DYING" angle, the story would be less attractive and would not have received as much play as it has. That's point #1. Point #2 is

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Roofies - putting the sensual back into consensual

Here's my take pn the whole Ryan Moats incident

I feel like we, as human beings, tend to get caught up in the emotions rather than logic (shocking!). And that's what I see in this case. First off all, it makes a great media story because the mother in law actually died during the incident. If she didn't die, if the media didn't have the whole "while the police officer detained Moats his mother in law WAS DYING" angle, the story would be less attractive and would not have received as much play as it has. That's point #1.

Point #2 is that the dude, regardless of why, ran a red light and the continued to run from the police after they attempted to pull him over. Game over. That's all you need right there. Once again, the why does not matter at this point in the story.

Apparently the cop drew his gun (but didn't point it at them) when Moats and his wife got out of the car outside the hospital, which seems a bit excessive to me, but I suppose that's policy and I understand that. These guys need to protect themselves, especially from people that run from the cops. And the police issued a statement that the cop should have shown more "common sense" when Moats kept telling him the reson for his running the red light. I guess I agree with that - at some point, the cop could have gone inside the hospital with the Moats and confirmed all this. But then again, I'm sure cops get lied to CONSTANTLY. And I would hope that if Moats pulled over in the first place and explained the story, the cop would have been more sensitive to it.

Anyway, that's my take. Shitty situation, but it's a homerun type story for the media and most people see "cop detains black dude while his mother dies" and boom, judgment has been passed and cemented.

Re: Here's my take pn the whole Ryan Moats incident

I totally agree with you on all points. My response to the whole thing was just "unfortunate".

Also, if Moats was some burger flipper from Detroit, none of this would have been publicized.

I don't know the whole story but there are certain vehicles that are allowed to run red lights when carrying a sick passenger, they're called ambulances.....why didn't they call one?

Roofies - putting the sensual back into consensual

Quote Quote posted by broonzy View Post
    I don't know the whole story but there are certain vehicles that are allowed to run red lights when carrying a sick passenger, they're called ambulances.....why didn't they call one?
    Sorry, should have posted the story too. Texans' Ryan Moats delayed by cop en route to see dying relative - NFL - SI.com

His mother-in-law was already in the hospital. I guess his wife got a call that she was pretty much about to die and they should head to the hospital to see her before she croaked.

doesn't give him the right to jeopardize other drivers. also the dude knew he was gonna have to deal with the cop anyway; may as well have just stopped right away instead of dragging it on and getting the cop's adrenaline up

Quote Quote posted by KillahBee View Post
    Sorry, should have posted the story too. Texans' Ryan Moats delayed by cop en route to see dying relative - NFL - SI.com

His mother-in-law was already in the hospital. I guess his wife got a call that she was pretty much about to die and they should head to the hospital to see her before she croaked.

Oh ok, I thought they were driving the sick woman to the hospital, my bad.

Quote Quote posted by nimbus View Post
    doesn't give him the right to jeopardize other drivers. also the dude knew he was gonna have to deal with the cop anyway; may as well have just stopped right away instead of dragging it on and getting the cop's adrenaline up
    he pretty much stopped and slowly rolled through the stop sign

he wasn't driving like a maniac

i see killahbee's point though, but the cop seemed uninterested after hearing the guy's plea about his mom in law

*No Source Checks*

I don't recommend or use AAS. I don't know how to obtain AAS. Anything I say should not be taken as serious medical advice. Everything I post is for entertainment purposes only, simply because I like to make things up from thin air. If you ask me for a source check you will be banned on the spot, no questions asked.

1) The media has already decided he's guilty. END OF STORY. When have people ever thought for themselves in this country?

2) Do you really expect black leaders to go 'Well, he's maybe not that much at fault. We understand. It was unfortunate for all involved".

Yeah right!! Clearly you are not understanding of the role media, race, and stereotypes play in society. I suggest you read some Chomsky books. Your opinions, while may have merit - are USELESS (and so are mine). In 2 days you'll forget about all this, and life will move on. Society's opinion on this will not change though.

"Manufacturing Consent" - Chomsky. Available on amazon.com

r

damn good post kb, wasn't sure if you were still capable of reason and logic.
    it's gotten to the point for me where i reflexively side with the police

Fancy

I guess I think the cop was being a dick because its happened to me and a friend (it was a dying DOG not a human) and we were both let go.

BUT this is a good story to learn that running red lights and speeding are risky in an emergency. You run the risk of getting pulled over and being even more delayed. Better off just waiting the extra 30 seconds even though in that situation its hard to follow the law