Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hemp seed Oil vs Flax seed Oil?

Big Rick Rock

istrator
Anybody here ever used Hemp Seed Oil instead of Flax Seed?

This is not a Plug for a sponsor.... I'm really interested to hear if anybody has ever used it... Sounds interesting:

From the: www.proteinfactory.com site
Product Description:
The perfect balance of omega 6, 3, and 9 fatty acids. The oil is pressed from Hemp Seeds to create a green, nutty tasting oil. Determined to be the optiumum requirement for long term human consumption. In addition hemp oil also cotains smaller amounts of 3 other unsturated fats in GLA oleic acid and stearidonic acid. This EFA combination is not only unique in the vegetable kingdom, but indispensable for cell growth, circulation, immune function, healthy skin, and the prevention of degenerative diseases. Fatty Acid Profile
Saturated Fatty Acids % of the Total Fatty Acids
Palmitic Acid 6-9 %
Stearic Acid 2-3.5 %
Arachidic Acid 1-3 %
Behenic Acid 0 .03 %

Unsaturated Fatty Acids
Oleic Acid (Omega 9) 10 - 15 %
Linoleic Acid (Omega 6) 53 - 60 %
GLA 2 -4 %
Linolenic Acid (Omega 3) 15 - 20 %
Stearidonic Acid (Omega 3) 2 %
Eicosaenoic Acid 0.5 %
Total Unsaturated Fatty Acids 89 - 91 %

Vitamins
Carotene 16,800 IU/pound
B1 0.9 mg
Riboflavin B 2 1.1 mg
Pyridoxine 0.3 mg
Vitamin C 1.4 mg
Vitamin D > 10 IU

Minerals
Calcium 180 mg
Iron 20 mg
Magnesium 8 mg

Bodybuilding and Athletic Supplementation Description

Hemp oil has been deamed the name "Flax with an attitude"..This oil should be used to maximize the anabolic conjuction between protein and EFA. Continuous use of flax oil can result in an imbalance of EFA in the body. Hemp oil can be used without worries. Hemp seed oil has a good taste.

Recommendation for maximum metablic shift into an anabolic condition.
(Especially recommend for ECTOMORPH's or people complaining they can never gain muslce mass.)

Grams of EFA per day
130-150lbs 125 grams
150lbs -180lbs 150 grams
180lbs -225 lbs 175 grams

Bump for Hemp

Once my girl used this oil to jack me off and then i got a rash so I try to stay away from those kinds of things.

I've not used it but it sure sounds interesting. Hopefully by the time I get up tomorrow people who've used it will reply!

I used Hemp for a long time - I just could swallow the flax *lol*

It has a slightly different taste and seemed to work just the same for me.

I'm currently popping a dozen or so omega/efa caps.

To be honest with you, I use Flax seed for that purpose. It's rich in omegas and monounsaturated fat (the good fat). It also a natural diruetic. I grind up the flax seed with a coffee grinder and mix it with HIGH 5 Protein powder and pour hot water over it with oatmeal. HIGH 5 is a synergistic belnd of 5 different proteins, which is designed to optimize protein update and absorption. It also increases the duration of nitrogen retention.

Juice Authority said:
To be honest with you, I use Flax seed for that purpose. It's rich in omegas and monounsaturated fat (the good fat). It also a natural diruetic. I grind up the flax seed with a coffee grinder and mix it with HIGH 5 Protein powder and pour hot water over it with oatmeal. HIGH 5 is a synergistic belnd of 5 different proteins, which is designed to optimize protein update and absorption. It also increases the duration of nitrogen retention.

Hmmm

that sounds interesting.

Dumb question - can the flax seed tolerate the hot water?

Big Rick Rock said:

Recommendation for maximum metablic shift into an anabolic condition.
(Especially recommend for ECTOMORPH's or people complaining they can never gain muslce mass.)

Grams of EFA per day
130-150lbs 125 grams
150lbs -180lbs 150 grams
180lbs -225 lbs 175 grams

So a 200 lb person needs 175 grams of EFA a day? isnt that 1575 calories of fat a day.

nordstrom said:

So a 200 lb person needs 175 grams of EFA a day? isnt that 1575 calories of fat a day.

Interesting point... They might have screwed up their math.

Top Bottom