Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with first cortisone shot !!

Have any of you ever have a cortisone shot?
I just got my first one yesterday (in rear of my right shoulder).
I think they said it was for bursitus/tendonitis etc.

My question is....have any of you ever had good or bad experiences with one of these shots?
I've been unable to workout for almost 3 months because of shoulder pain, and I'm GOING NUTS!!!!!!:mad:

*it looks like I'm trying to pound out a turd :D
shoulders.jpg

That shit eats muscle like PAC MAN. I Lose a good 10 to 12 lbs of "good weight" when i have to get my cortisone allergy shots every year.

I've had a few here and there. Latest a year ago + .

You still have to be pretty careful with your return to lifting and I used ibuprofene, clucosamine and chondritine to help me through my last shoulder fuckup.

Start slow and after about 6 - 8 weeks the shot wears off and you get a real good idea of where you are.

It's avery good short term solution.

Long term though it sucks ass. Like a bandaid, helps but doesn't really solve the problem.

GREAT!:rolleyes:

List one under the (shit I wish I wouldn't have done that, column)

That combined with the 10-12 pounds of FAT I've gained since my last gym visit, I'm quite sure I'm on my way to "FAT BASTARD"!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input

I feel for ya dude. I haven't been able to do an upper body workout worth a shit for at least 3 months and it hurt like hell to grab the bar for squats, so my leg workouts sucked too.

I got a cortisone shot almost 2 months ago........ didn't help me at all. I am going in for surgery next Monday. 8 weeks later I should be 100%.

Days of the Taint got a shot and he is loving life.......well except for that zit on his taint.

Hope it works for ya bro.

rudedawg said:
Days of the Taint got a shot and he is loving life.......well except for that zit on his taint.

HA HA HA HA HA "taint" HA HA that's funny

Hey I live in AZ too ! PHX

Was your shoulder issue some sort of "itis" Tendonitis, or bursitis?

D

Shoulder Bursitis

I told the Dr. that I didn't want the shot of Cort....so he gave me a prescription for Vioxx which really helped my shoulder. Too bad it ate the lining out of my stomach.

I'm doing some physical therapy on it now, mainly stretching and it seems to be helping quite a bit. Main drawback is the $35/visit copay. ...and now my freakin' elbow is acting up. Getting old sucks.

I had one before i had to have shoulder surgery as an attempt to stop the pain. You are not supposed to get more than 3 or so because the cortizone supposeddly breaks down muscle at a faster rate after that.

Top Bottom