Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help! Anyone familiar w/Linear Programming?

tripleblonde

I have a test over it tommorow in operations management and I can't remember if you always set up your decision variable to be > or equal to 0? i'm assuming you do as it wouldn't make sense to have a neg. number....

also if your model is looking to simply maximize profit, your equation should include your after cost profit correct?

If this has anything to do with linear algebra, I can probably be of some assistance. However, my computer knowledge is quite lacking.

tripleblonde said:
also if your model is looking to simply maximize profit, your equation should include your after cost profit correct?

Profit usually means after cost or it wouldn't be profit in the first place, however I have no clue wtf you're talking about.

Dial_tone said:
Profit usually means after cost or it wouldn't be profit in the first place, however I have no clue wtf you're talking about.

yes i know....i typed that out wrong....i just meant when your building your model i wasn't sure whether to use net

:( i don't wanna take this test!!!

samoth said:
If this has anything to do with linear algebra, I can probably be of some assistance. However, my computer knowledge is quite lacking.

eh...well, i know it's quite simple to do in excel, but for the exam tommorow we have to model the problems by hand and just leave them unsolved

thanks for your help, but i think i'm just gonna go ahead and assume no negatives :)

Top Bottom