Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HeathKits- Fathers and Sons

gorillahung

Does anyone remember HeathKit electronics kits where you could build your own radios and TV's?

I remember when I was in grade school my father and I assembled a radio from one of their kits. I was so proud when we finished and the radio worked. We could pick up some frequency where there were people speaking what sounded like an Asian language.

Anyway, that just brings back good memories of a father and son bonding moment. :)

looks like you could use his guidance again since youre seriously considering nude modeling.

Does anyone remember HeathKit electronics kits where you could build your own radios and TV's?

I remember when I was in grade school my father and I assembled a radio from one of their kits. I was so proud when we finished and the radio worked. We could pick up some frequency where there were people speaking what sounded like an Asian language.

Anyway, that just brings back good memories of a father and son bonding moment. :)

I missed the HeathKit movement, but I had a TRS-80 Model I level II computer.

I built a few Dynaco kits, and did a Heathkit audio spectrum analyzer for a friend. Not something I could share with my dad, since he had no interest in electronics, or in the things you can do with them.

I built a few Heathkits; a digital thermometer, an oscilloscope, and I've "finished up" a couple of others that were started by someone else. It's too bad they don't make those anymore, as they were a great way to learn the principles of electronics. I recently got a 1960s vintage Heathkit color TV on eBay from the original builder, which I repaired, and resold to another old TV collector/hobbyist.

I built a few Dynaco kits
Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the collectible audio gear list! Nice equipment.

Charles

Top Bottom