Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heads up bros ATTN all good bros out there.

BoneCruncher

Its funny the way language has developed on fitness boards. I think the very first time I was exposed to the very heavy use of the word 'bro' was when I made a visit to bloodsweatsteel.net At first I thought it was some sort of in joke, I cringed at every Bro.. Everyone was 'a good bro' who loved to 'help a brother out' there were some 'good bros' on that board just as there is some 'good bros' on this one. After my initial cringe and several weeks of lurking I became acustomed to the heavy bro usage no longer laughing at it as I once did.. Before long I even threw the odd bro in myself.

Here are some of the trademarks I have found in the 'anabolic message board scene'

'Bro'
'Bros'
'Help a brother out'
'he's a good bro'
'heads up for a good bro'
'All the bros on the board'
'Thanks Bro'
'Your a good bro'

another one I see is

'my boy _____'

used used in the context for example 'So we were at this club right and my boy rocko 6% 290lbs got in a fight with some bouncers, my boy totally destroyed them.. hes a good bro, heads up for my good bros'.

Similarly, I love the way the members of each board love to proclaim there love for the board.. everyone loves to throw in a good 'This is why _______ is the best board on the net!' or '______ forever' I just love it.

The question is - is 'bro' culture restricted to the anabolic scene? Or are there 'good bros' elsewhere.. have I perhaps had a sheltered upbringing, or maybe I just dont have 'bros'. Enlighten me bros.

Heads up to my good bros.

peace bros.

I started using the term in my actual speech, mostly when talking to my actual brothers, a little while before I ever started playing on the boards. Then when I came here, I saw it used quite a bit, so I still throw in the occasional "bro". It does tend to be a bit overused, however, IMHO.

Another quick one, and I dont want to be so cynical as to take away what Im sure in many cases is for real.

When something goes wrong or someone is sick all the bros declare that the bro in need will be in thier prayers, to help out a good bro. Sometimes good bros are praying for relatives, friends and family of there good bros in need. All this helping a brother out if you were to take it at face value one would quickly declare this board is full of saints.

Dont get me wrong! I love a good bro-prayer! infact Im prayin' for all you bros out there right now! heads up to the good bros in need. Peace bros. Everyone loves a good peace to!

peace!

Top Bottom