Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HBO:Smashing Machine, MMA fighter Mark Kurr

gtrcivic

Olympian
Any of you guys catch it last nite after Oz?? Pretty good segment on Mark Kurr and his journey into Mixed Martial Arts/Ultimate Fighting. Didn't realize how messed up he was , ie drugs, drama with his girl. SHooting up pain killers for 2 yrs.

Think he would have done better if he didn't get back with his girl. Seems like women are the downfall of guys in sports ??? Agassi when he was w/Brooke Shields, Jason Sehorn being married to the Law/Order chick, Pete Sampras and others.

Overall, good documentary on the sports and the athletes in it that competed who are well known. Kerr and Coleman sure looking pretty jacked in it as well.

I forgot where I heard it but it goes something like this:

"a bad wife is like a cancer".

Of course, it goes both ways so one could certainly take that to mean bad husbands as well.

Choose your spouse wisely.

:D

I don(t like the way he got flamed when he 1st lost against fujita...people said he is not a good fighter , etc... fuck that !
the truth his he'd kick the ass of almost every person who said that adn who don't know how hard it is to be an MMA fighter..

I saw it. Story was pretty fucked up, especially whatching the poor guy having to inject himself with painkillers. It was weird cause he seemed so docile and friendly, but he could kick some serious ass.

I thought it was a very well done documentary. Mark Kerr seems like a very likeable guy. He seems like he's be a cool person to hang out with or train with.

I thought it was pretty good.

I wonder what the film was originally supposed to be. They hooked up with him when he was undefeated and looked unbeatable.

If I remember right, Kerr ended up losing to Igor in a rematch as well.

HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex said:
Igor is one tough SOB.Him and Vanderlei Silva are probably the two most viscious strikers to ever step into the NHB arena.

no doubt about it!! he's not the most gifted physical specimin in the world, but he's very very dangerous. He, like kerr, seemed very mellow and easy going, which is kind of misleading when you see what kind of work they do.

Igor is a great striker and a solid counter grappler. I particularly like watching the highlights they showed of his fight with Gary Goodrich (Large African American guy, that Igor knocked out). They were really slugging it out.

Top Bottom