Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

have a look at my advertising so far for my little business venture

tuc biscuit

Ok, so if you didn't see my other thread I am gonna become a supplement distributor for a large supplement company. Which basically involves buying supps at trade prices and selling them on at retail prices, now they obviously do their own advertising, but I need to make people aware that I am a vendor for these products.

This is the advertising paper I have at the moment, I am gonna post em up in various places and see what I get back.

Any advice more than welcome.

Makes the right points - as beasty said, if you can dress it up a little, it would go a long way.

IMO it need not be overdone - the points you are making are simple, and stating them boldly works.

can you put little phone #'s/website notches at the bottom that go sideways. Like 20 of them -- with little cuts between each of them so people can just "tear" them off?

I think you should do that. If i'm walking by and read it -- no way will i remember that #. But i may rip that little tag off and stuff it in my pocket.

Sometimes a visual image like a buff guy or girl can sometimes "grab" their attention than mere text. Maybe you can put a pic of that next to that ad.

1) Toss it.

2) It looks unprofessional - like someone just typed it up in MS word. Which is correct.

3) Don't want to spend too much money or higher a designer? Call LA Muscle and ask them if they have some publicity material. Operations like those often do and usually have a big white box on them for the distributor to put his contact information.

4) If they don't (I would be surprised), maybe spend a little money (and I mean VERY little) on getting a quality flie made. By taking advantage of the internet, currency exchanges, and different pay scales in different countries, you can go to the website http://www.guru.com and find some Romanian or Indian with incredible talent to do you a great job for around 20 pounds or less.

5) Worse comes to worse, ape some graphics from the LA Muscle site. Get it printed on slick (not regular or thick even) paper.

6) I'm not sure about leaving the tags with your numberon their because while it might be a good way to get a deal on a new sofa, it conveys unprofessionalism. You are competing against other very professional operations that sell this stuff (GNC-type stores, the gyms, etc.) and you want to portray yourself as serious as possible.

7) So how are people to get ahold if you if they can't tear of a piece of paper with your phone number on it? GET A WEBSITE. A phone number / email with no website conveys unprofessionalism. You can get a website on the cheap.

8) Maybe forget the flier idea entirely. Don't market to the public, market B-to-B (business to business). That's what distributors do. That's why distributors work towards exclusivity in their geography.

Hi Tuc,

No disrespect, but I agree with Synpax, toss it.

Here's a few pointers.

1. There's no faster way to waste money than advertising.
2. Read Guerilla Advertising to get started.
3. Sell benefits: "YOU will gain 20 lbs of muscle in 8 weeks..."
4. You need to believe in your product and use it yourself - also you need to believe in your claims.
5. Here's the best print ad formula:

a. Need Pic of good looking young guy with lots of muscle - looking proud of his physique.
b. Need pic of sexy babe with good looking guy - looking like she's ready to have sex with him because of all his muscle.
c. Tell the benefit of taking the supplement -- You will...
d. Call to action - what do you want the prospect to do - go to a web site, call an 800 number, go to a store.
e. Needs a cool header title like - "You're being SCREWED by the Supplement Industry Fu*kers"

What the others said. Needs some colors, pics.... tell potential customers: what they need, how it can be achieved and what you offer. Your best bet is to wage on the company's rep. Pull out some names, stats, whatever you want. Good luck. !!!

ok, thanks guys, this really is starting out small time so advertising isn't a big chunk of my budget, but my sister is some sort of computer geek so I will force her to help me

no offence, but the old 'You will gain 20 pounds of muscle in 8 weeks' is pure lies whatever you are selling

Top Bottom