Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Harder to lose or harder to gain?

NEO1

Ok, so most of the people that I know struggle to lose or maintain weight. I on the other hand struggle to gain. Personally I think they are both difficult but I honestly believe that gaining is harder. I have to force myself to eat and eat A LOT! Along with going to the gym, taking supplements and all while not gaining bad weight.

I guess I don't see why someone who is trying to lose can't make a "diet" change and eat healthy. That alone would make a huge difference for the average person. The misconception that you have to starve to lose is just that, misconception.

Your thoughts?

I won't even get started on this one. My weight loss journey has been through blood sweat and tears too...still is.

Lets just say the grass is always greener on the other side. :)

NEO1 said:
Ok, so most of the people that I know struggle to lose or maintain weight. I on the other hand struggle to gain. Personally I think they are both difficult but I honestly believe that gaining is harder. I have to force myself to eat and eat A LOT! Along with going to the gym, taking supplements and all while not gaining bad weight.

I guess I don't see why someone who is trying to lose can't make a "diet" change and eat healthy. That alone would make a huge difference for the average person. The misconception that you have to starve to lose is just that, misconception.

Your thoughts?

i went from 18% body fat to about 11% in about 4 months. Self control is all it took, i used nothing to help aid me except proper diet, quit drinking, and am cardio. The problem is with a lot of people i noticed, is that they try having a bit of a healthy diet, most people cant make the full commitment.

so yea im with you, it is much harder to gain quality muscle then to lose fat, and thats from a former fatty :)

By all means get started. Im really curious. Both scenarios require eating correctly so what is the big difference. Seriously? My father is morbidly obese and I try and try but can't get him to do anything about it. I'm wondering why.

curvymommy said:
I won't even get started on this one. My weight loss journey has been through blood sweat and tears too...still is.

I never understood that quote, the other side of grass is dirt

Gaining muscle and losing fat have both been relatively easy. However, considering I'm at my genetic limit it's next to impossible for me to gain any appreciable muscle mass.

NEO1 said:
By all means get started. Im really curious. Both scenarios require eating correctly so what is the big difference. Seriously? My father is morbidly obese and I try and try but can't get him to do anything about it. I'm wondering why.

its easier to have a poor diet thats why

NEO1 said:
I'm glad you set a good example for him at least. Just love on him and I'll hope with you that he comes around.

It IS all about eating correctly and totally RECONDITIONING your mind. Brain washing yourself in a good way!

curvymommy said:

At least they can both agree to hate the middle. :)

I understand it's easier to have a poor diet. Trust me, if I eat much more chicken Im going to start clucking soon.

I guess the answer I am getting is it's more mental than anything?

Top Bottom