Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gym strength vs. real world strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
Can you identify with this: When I go into the gym I get into a frame of mind where I get psyched and ready to lift enormous amounts of weight. I am very strong in the gym. In the real world it's quite different for me. I walk around unconsciously, I believe, trying to conserve strength for the gym and I don't like to exert myself heavily. I just picked up two 10pd. plates out of my living room and carried them up the stairs to store. They felt like carrying 100 pounds would feel like in the gym. I use incredible amounts of energy in the gym, the rest of the time, I'm in low gear. Unless I'm having banga banga.:)

nice6pac said:
dude, i would shit my pants if it meant someone else would wipe my ass

LMAO!!

I've been looking for a job ad that I can't find: Must like to lay on your ass and have people bring you glasses of water and pour it down your throat for you.

Yeah I have always noticed that strange phenomenon. Carrying a 35lb container of cat litter feels like a 75lb db. It's weird how that works. Too bad everything that's heavy in this world doesn't come even distributed across an Olympic bar.

I do try to conserve energy and not do any extraneous activity, but I never find real world work to be difficult. I train in a manner which affords me great coordination and power, so I've real world strength to spare.

theres this kid that was a year younger than me who was 5'8 200 pounds.. he could only bench 225.. he never worked out a day in his life.. i jsut asked him to try to bench one day.. but.. he cant really lift for shit.. but he has brute strength.. thick ass wrists and a thick neck and hands... he was hard to take down in arm wrestling.. but, hes a good example of awesome genetics. he is the kind of guy who goes to bars, drinks about 12 beers and kicks the biggest guys ass in the bar.. :)

I have a lobor intensive job, so I get to use my gym strength for something. It's fun watching peoples face drop when you can lift stuff they need two or three people for.

same sort of thing happened to me today. I was pruning a tree with one of those saws on a 12' extendable handle, and all I had to do was grip the pole and move back and forth, I swear my grip strength felt like nothing and my hands got sore; couldn't have been much more than 45lbs of force, LOL.

The ultimate in super pussy is me at the car wash. You know the ones where you do it all yourself, and you have the all encompassing spray gun that magically produces tire cleaner, soap, water, spot free rinse, and wax all from the same hole. Amazing shit. Anyways, I usually end up having to switch hands when I'm doing the final rinse and then spot-free rinse of my car. My forearm is always cooked from holding the gun. Then sometimes I'll hold it with both hands to erase any doubts as to whether or not I'm a walking female genitalia.

supersizeme said:
Then sometimes I'll hold it with both hands to erase any doubts as to whether or not I'm a walking female genitalia.

All doubt has been erased, but you aren't that good looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom