Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys - If you pay on the first date, what do you expect?

I look at dating like any other form of gambling. You pay your money and take your chances, you can't expect anything and you shouldn't be disappointed when you don't get anything.

Now as for the paying: I look at it like compensation for spending time with me. KB has endured my company once!

Cheers,
Scotsman

Cool. I agree. It is the person, not the money! Your a good one!

vixensghost said:
You did not say it.. I did.

My hubby also worked VERY hard getting his degree, he just did not have the extra money to wow me at the SAME time.

Trust me, I'd take the poor hubby at the time, than some of the monied jerks I dated at OSU. Just sayin.

Reactions: jh1
KillahBee said:
I'm interested to hear INTELLIGENT and LOGICAL thought on this whole idea of the man paying.

Now, listen carefully - let's put aside the whole random glamorized societal outdated idea that it's somehow "right" for the man to pay for the woman...

What we are talking about here is a man paying for a woman's company (once again, read the previous caveat). Plain and simple. How is that a good thing for either party?

I think a lot of it just has to do with the nature of invitations. When my uncle invites my dad me out to dinner, he pays. When my dad invites my uncle and his family, my dad will pay. i think whether or not a man pays depends a lot on the context of the date. "lets meet for dinner and drinks" would generally = stag, while "i really wanna take you to this favorite restaurant of mine...blah blah...when can i pick you up" just sounds like you're paying. Something about the girl having no idea of what kind of food or prices to expect makes it seem unreasonable to have her pay

First date, I am polite and friendly unless the guy is absolutely RUDE. At the end of the night I thank him and give him a hug if there is no chemistry. If there is chemistry, I will kiss him.

CHECK OUT MY NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS!
:)

heatherrae said:
First date, I am polite and friendly unless the guy is absolutely RUDE. At the end of the night I thank him and give him a hug if there is no chemistry. If there is chemistry, I will kiss him.

heatherrae said:

I am guessing, in reality, Jack got the hug. :worried:

I've never expected anything, and I always pay unless we'd been out a few times and she insisted upon it. I usually grit my teeth and feel like a tool if a girl pays, but I know she wants to. I guess maybe pride or whatever. I don't know why you'd expect it just for spending a huno +. There's a good chance that she'd get on your nerves and you wouldn't like her and the whole night would be a bust.

Fuck, I don't know. I haven't dated forever, so if/ when I do again, I'll probably be a deer in headlights and will go through a pootie draft that makes JH1's pale in comparison.

Top Bottom