Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys - If you pay on the first date, what do you expect?

Nah, I'm not tryin to say a dude shouldn't pay, but I'd be interested to hear why people believe a man should pay above and beyond the gratuitous "it's what the man does" which isn't really an answer.

KillahBee said:
Nah, I'm not tryin to say a dude shouldn't pay, but I'd be interested to hear why people believe a man should pay above and beyond the gratuitous "it's what the man does" which isn't really an answer.

BOOM!!

My point exactly, just said in a shorter more concise way

I don't pay because I expect anything in return. Probably pride as well.

I always try to buy though - even if it's not a date. I am overly generous.

yonkers weights said:
I do it for Pride and Respect. That's the way I was raised.
My father always paid so I always pay.

So IF a man allows a woman to pay when HE can't, what does this say about the man? He's worthless, cheap and has no respect for himself?

FYI: I paid 100% of the time when I met my hubby in College. As a matter of fact, I paid his car insurance and food expenses too. HIS family had nothing and he struggled to get the basics while in school. I was lucky to have folks who supported me in the fiance department.

He was worth every chance I took on him. He also is still payin for that chance...lol

yonkers weights said:
I do it for Pride and Respect. That's the way I was raised.
My father always paid so I always pay.

Bro, I was raised in the typical ITalian family. So pride and respect were the most important aspects of my learnings in that environment (and loyalty).

This doesn't mean, however, that I don't have the ability to question the logic behind acts that are always just "a given".

Pride about what?

And respect for who? The woman? So that must mean she doesn't respect herself if you pay?

KillahBee said:
Bro, I was raised in the typical ITalian family. So pride and respect were the most important aspects of my learnings in that environment (and loyalty).

This doesn't mean, however, that I don't have the ability to question the logic behind acts that are always just "a given".

Pride about what?

And respect for who? The woman? So that must mean she doesn't respect herself if you pay?

Pride in th esense of I AM FUCKING INSECURE and need to prove to everyone I am better and have more financial resources.

Top Bottom