Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys do your sterling silver rings tarnish very rapidly?

RottenWillow

Plat Hero
Platinum
By rapidly I mean do they very noticably darken in just one day? I'm not certain if this is actually tarnish or not, but ordinary silver polish takes it off easily enough. I believe men have a high PH level in their persperation and Im wondering if this is the cause.

The sterling silver rings I buy my boyfriend darken immediately and I keep having to clean them. I'm wondering if this is just a man thing.

baby, we're men. we don't wear rings unless it's a wedding ring. the dudes that do wear rings are probably few and far between on a bb'ing board.

I wear a silver indian crucifix around my neck, it is supposed to have tarnish on certain areas and being in the water and sweating aids the tarnish, if your boyfriend (mannequin) sweats (like from a hard days work at the soup kitchen) a lot then tarnish will be an issue.

supersizeme said:
baby, we're men. we don't wear rings unless it's a wedding ring. the dudes that do wear rings are probably few and far between on a bb'ing board.

I dont think that's true anymore. I think a LOT of younger guys wear rings now. I see them everywhere...including buffed ones.

The guys that I do see wearing them are mostly in their teens or early 20s and are either what you'd call "alternative" or bordering on goth. Most guys you see mid 20s and up(the majority of this board) don't wear them anymore. It's got a bit of an effeminate/metrosexual stigmata associated with it.

havoc said:
I wear a silver indian crucifix around my neck, it is supposed to have tarnish on certain areas and being in the water and sweating aids the tarnish, if your boyfriend (mannequin) sweats (like from a hard days work at the soup kitchen) a lot then tarnish will be an issue.

Has your girlfriend blowupdoll ever given you any sterling? It irks me bigtime that his rings are constantly dark looking. I feel like he isnt taking care of them. His hands do sweat a lot though.

my dont tarnish very quickly
but i'm not wearing at the gym or anything
usually just when i'm out

maybe your bf was just tryin to clean his mom n dad's deck. i heard someone messed it up

anya said:
I'm the Mexican Tammie Wynette. Post here.

What does that mean?

anyways, I wore this big silver ring that I have to the L.A. Auto show. There is this section of the show where all the "accessory" people set up. There was this booth that was selling this super polisher that is supposed to work wonders and is only sold at the shows or by mail. The guy spotted my ring and asked if he could see it. He polished it for me and I was surprised to see how shiny that ring was, i had not noticed that it was so tarnished/dirty before this. It kind of made me feel embarrased 'cause there was this big crowd watching, but atleast now I had a shiny ring. I don't wear it often so I can't tell you wether it got tarnished real quick or not.

Top Bottom