Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The guy that ran into me Thursday, his mother wants to sue me. What is it with everyone wanting to sue me?

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
I called his house and said that if he didn't provide the proper insurance that I would be taking him to court (left that message on recorder). His 80 yr old mother calls me up and tells me that her attorney said that I didn't have a right to call them and threaten to sue and that I would be speaking with her attorney Monday. WTF?????? The guy provided me with false documents and I just want to get my car fixed and they're gonna sue me for calling them? What a world. Crazy ass fucking people.

biteme said:
I called his house and said that if he didn't provide the proper insurance that I would be taking him to court (left that message on recorder). His 80 yr old mother calls me up and tells me that her attorney said that I didn't have a right to call them and threaten to sue and that I would be speaking with her attorney Monday. WTF?????? The guy provided me with false documents and I just want to get my car fixed and they're gonna sue me for calling them? What a world. Crazy ass fucking people.

:rolleyes: Tell that ol' bag to kiss your ass. What are they going to say in court? "We want to sue him for $5,000 because of the time it took to take his phone call, and the trauma it caused us!"

Like what phenom said, its time to get the law involved. Its long overdue, actually.

Re: The guy that ran into me Thursday, his mother wants to sue me. What is it with ev

Phenom78 said:
Go to the cops and file charges against him

Why are you fucking around with this douche?

The cops won't do anything and wouldn't even offer me advice on how to take civil action. The fucking dispatcher told me I had 72 hours to file a report but when I arrived at the station today, they said the 24 hour window to file a report had closed. They gave a blue form to fill out for my insurance company. I would have filed Thursday if given the proper info by the dispatcher. Govt employees are often worthless and rude.

TRS 550.021 and 023 reffer to what constitutes a Hit and Run. Text is below. In AZ a hit and run is a felony, and by this, looks like up to a year in Jail and $5000 fine for the giving you false info in Texas.

Hit & Run

Sec. 550.021. Accident Involving Personal Injury or Death.

(a) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of a person shall:

(1) immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close to the scene as possible;
(2) immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident; and
(3) remain at the scene of the accident until the operator complies with the requirements of Section 550.023.

(b) An operator of a vehicle required to stop the vehicle by Subsection (a) shall do so without obstructing traffic more than is necessary.

(c) A person commits an offense if the person does not stop or does not comply with the requirements of this section. An offense under this section is punishable by:
(1) imprisonment in the institutional division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for not more than five years or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year;
(2) a fine not to exceed $5,000; or
(3) both the fine and the imprisonment or confinement.
[back to list of TX laws] Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sec. 550.023. Duty to Give Information and Render Aid.

The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in the injury or death of a person or damage to a vehicle that is driven or attended by a person shall:

(1) give the operator's name and address, the registration number of the vehicle the operator was driving, and the name of the operator's motor vehicle liability insurer to any person injured or the operator or occupant of or person attending a vehicle involved in the collision;

(2) if requested and available, show the operator's driver's license to a person described by Subdivision (1); and

(3) provide any person injured in the accident reasonable assistance, including transporting or making arrangements for transporting the person to a physician or hospital for medical treatment if it is apparent that treatment is necessary, or if the injured person requests the transportation.
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Re: The guy that ran into me Thursday, his mother wants to sue me. What is it with ev

nugget said:
TRS 550.021 and 023 reffer to what constitutes a Hit and Run. Text is below. In AZ a hit and run is a felony, and by this, looks like up to a year in Jail and $5000 fine for the giving you false info in Texas.

Hit & Run

Sec. 550.021. Accident Involving Personal Injury or Death.

(a) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of a person shall:

(1) immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close to the scene as possible;
(2) immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident; and
(3) remain at the scene of the accident until the operator complies with the requirements of Section 550.023.

(b) An operator of a vehicle required to stop the vehicle by Subsection (a) shall do so without obstructing traffic more than is necessary.

(c) A person commits an offense if the person does not stop or does not comply with the requirements of this section. An offense under this section is punishable by:
(1) imprisonment in the institutional division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for not more than five years or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year;
(2) a fine not to exceed $5,000; or
(3) both the fine and the imprisonment or confinement.
[back to list of TX laws] Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sec. 550.023. Duty to Give Information and Render Aid.

The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in the injury or death of a person or damage to a vehicle that is driven or attended by a person shall:

(1) give the operator's name and address, the registration number of the vehicle the operator was driving, and the name of the operator's motor vehicle liability insurer to any person injured or the operator or occupant of or person attending a vehicle involved in the collision;

(2) if requested and available, show the operator's driver's license to a person described by Subdivision (1); and

(3) provide any person injured in the accident reasonable assistance, including transporting or making arrangements for transporting the person to a physician or hospital for medical treatment if it is apparent that treatment is necessary, or if the injured person requests the transportation.
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

There was no injury or death so that law doesn't apply,.

I used to hear that shit from people every time that I sued them. 999 out of 1000 have no fucking lawyer. Shit, if he can't afford insurance, you can bet he doesn't have a lawyer...lol.

HeatherRae said:
I used to hear that shit from people every time that I sued them. 999 out of 1000 have no fucking lawyer. Shit, if he can't afford insurance, you can bet he doesn't have a lawyer...lol.

If he had told me that, I would have it dropped it. I think it's highly irresponsible though. But the fact that he tried to dupe me, pisses me off. And I want to get my car fixed and maybe he does have insurance and just doesn't want to be responsible. How can I find out if he does have insurance? There's got to be a way. I have his DL number.

Top Bottom